Sencha Premium Member TDroenner's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    TDroenner is on a distinguished road

Default [BUG] Sencha Architect 2.0.0 Build 412 + SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3

[BUG] Sencha Architect 2.0.0 Build 412 + SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3

I've currently made a project for our company with SA2. The project contains controllers, stores, models and views. I'm now in the process of deploying it to the server.
    I'm currently using:
    sencha create jsb -a app.html -p app.jsb3
    After checking the jsb3 file I noticed that all views and controllers are missing.
    Threfore it is not sufficient to include the app-all.js which is build by:
    sencha build -p app-jsb3 -d .

If someone from the devs is interested I would export and send the SA2 project for debugging.
    Please contact me with PM or email. I don't want to attach it here since it's an internal company project. We've already purchased SA2 and ExtJs4 licence (Sencha Complete)

Thorsten

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We'll gladly take a look. You can send the project privately to designer.feedback at sencha.com and reference this thread.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Got your project ... I 'll take look this morning
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I am able to reproduce what your seeing which is to say that the views and controllers are not present in the generated jsb3.

I did get further by using a url (of a hosted location). That being said it would also error out on app_auth saying it was not defined. I assume this is either php or zend session variable.

I do know there are threads that relate to being behind a login and that screwing with deployment. Though I'm not sure what the work arounds are.

Finally I was able to get the citybars application (not as complex as yours) to produce a jsb3 that did include all views, stores, controllers, and models.

Maybe try using hosted url to point to your app.html?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

I have the same issue with my project. All stores are present, all models associated with those stores are present, but the rest of the models are not present. No views or controllers are in the jsb3.

Any ideas? For now I will be adding these manually to the jsb3 but it would certainly be good for this to be cleared up programatically.

Our app has authenticated user features but you can still browse some of the app without authentication.

Edit: For those looking for a workaround, I dumped the content of Ext.Loader.history into a file that calls Ext.require. That works for now but of course will have to be manually updated.

I uncovered what seems to be another bug in SDKTools - it doesn't update an existing jsb3 file! Even with a specified target, I see absolutely no changes to the resulting jsb3 file. I had to create a new jsb3 and manually merge the changes in. This tool does a grand total of one thing correctly - it can minify and combine my js files, once I have manually specified them. Every other aspect of this build process has failed. Even jsb creation fails to operate when loading a file from the file system - but only every few builds, not in a repeatable fashion. Needless to say I don't see how this is version 2.0.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    Finally I was able to get the citybars application (not as complex as yours) to produce a jsb3 that did include all views, stores, controllers, and models.
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but does the Architect team not have more complicated projects built with Architect than citybars? That is a show project at best and does not come close to replicating what building an actual application is like.

Sencha Premium Member TDroenner's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    TDroenner is on a distinguished road

Hi Phil,

I already tried it with the url same result. It's true the app_auth is set by ZF but it currently doesn't matter, because there is currently not a ACL implemented. app_auth false means only to show login screen, app_auth true goes directly into the app home screen. So it shouldn't be a problem for creating a correct jsb3 file. I've tried with removed app_auth, too. Same result.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Vote Rating

throws an exception because of unresolvable reference (app_auth). Perhaps you should check to see if (typeof app_auth == "undefined" || typeof)

Anyways like I say it's an SDK Tools issue so I'm going to move it there in the hopes that others can help out.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Sottilde View Post
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but does the Architect team not have more complicated projects built with Architect than citybars? That is a show project at best and does not come close to replicating what building an actual application is like.
    Now your putting words into my mouth! I said I used that as a test for producing a jsb3. We've produced dozens of projects and the community has as well. Some with 100s of views and 50+ stores/models.

That being said we do have work to do in architect to get those applications production ready. Currently this can all be done at the command line with some persistance. Part of the reason for building Architect was to take a lot of this guess work out of the equation so things "just work". Rest assured improvements are being made in all areas of the application.

Until those are delivered remember that packaging and deploying both mobile and desktop applications is still very possible using the SDK Tools. The SDK teams are also rapidly improving support and features for sencha command.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    Now your putting words into my mouth! I said I used that as a test for producing a jsb3. We've produced dozens of projects and the community has as well. Some with 100s of views and 50+ stores/models.

That being said we do have work to do in architect to get those applications production ready. Currently this can all be done at the command line with some persistance. Part of the reason for building Architect was to take a lot of this guess work out of the equation so things "just work". Rest assured improvements are being made in all areas of the application.

Until those are delivered remember that packaging and deploying both mobile and desktop applications is still very possible using the SDK Tools. The SDK teams are also rapidly improving support and features for sencha command.
    Ah, okay, you had me worried there Phil.

Do you have suggested "best practices" for getting this working? For now I've basically been resigned to adding a giant 'requires' statement to an external JS file. Since this must be manually updated I can't help but think there must be a better way.