Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    snappahedz is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Accessible from the server?

Answered: Accessible from the server?

I understand Sencha.io allows devices to keep a duplicate copy of their data on a server.

My question is, can the server access all these duplicates?

I am thinking that each device will copy it's data to the server and then the server will provide a web interface to individual data stores as well as execute queries over all data.

Is functionality like this possible?

2. > I understand Sencha.io allows devices to keep a duplicate copy of their data on a server.

Yes.

> My question is, can the server access all these duplicates?

It can, but currently only if it uses the SIO SDK to access the server.

> I am thinking that each device will copy it's data to the server and then the server will provide a web interface to individual data stores as well as execute queries over all data. Is functionality like this possible?

Not currently, but our product manager wants us to provide this feature. Perhaps you could give us a compelling use case?

John

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    merrells is an unknown quantity at this point

> I understand Sencha.io allows devices to keep a duplicate copy of their data on a server.

Yes.

> My question is, can the server access all these duplicates?

It can, but currently only if it uses the SIO SDK to access the server.

> I am thinking that each device will copy it's data to the server and then the server will provide a web interface to individual data stores as well as execute queries over all data. Is functionality like this possible?

Not currently, but our product manager wants us to provide this feature. Perhaps you could give us a compelling use case?

John

Thread Participants: 1