Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    newuser7000 is on a distinguished road

Default My Suggestions to SA2

My Suggestions to SA2

I would suggest you guys to solve at least two things in SA2:

1) Preferences/Setup: when I change my library ExtJS path reference, press save, this settings should be available to all projects - I don't like when create a new project, the path reference comes up with the old settings.

2) History manager: I don't know how you guys should solve this, but at a minimum automatic multi level file backups, file differencing and restore it would be nice in SA. e.g. a directory _history in the project.

3) code completion on-the-fly (similar to intellisense) is nice;

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

re: 1 it may make sense to make a configuration for a default for this setting is definitely on a per project basis. Another related thing that we've been thinking about is including a copy of the library in your working directory rather than pulling it off of the nut.

re: 2 hrmm any more details?

re: 3 yes we know

Thanks for the feedback!
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default re: 2 hrmm any more details?

re: 2 hrmm any more details?

It's just an idea.

SA could have a build in file history feature, which lets you revert to old files from within the IDE. That's nice.
    Sencha Architect IDE auto-creates a \history folder with old versions of all your files . XDS, so you can make small "experimental" modifications, while being able to revert to an earlier. File History manager feature to backup and restore files as they are saved.

__\history
    myproject.xds.~1
    myproject.xds.~2
    myproject.xds.~3
    myproject.xds.~4
    myproject.xds.~5

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Mmmm....

You can do that now using some version control software (CVS, SVN, GIT, etc).

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CaliLuke is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    Mmmm....

You can do that now using some version control software (CVS, SVN, GIT, etc).

Regards.
    I was going to the say the same thing. It makes the case for some kind of integration with GIT inside the tool though, although we definitely have more urgent stuff to do first.
    --
    Luca Candela
    twitter: @luckymethod

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Component behavior "MyClass"

Component behavior "MyClass"

It would be nice if SA2 would have a component Behavior in toolbar called "MyClass".
    Users could just drag the component into the inspector, then define your class.

or a shortcut at top of the inspector: User click the + at the top of the inspector, choose "MyClass" and then define your class, choosing what it inherits from, etc.

Vote Rating
    thesilentman is on a distinguished road

Luca I am attaching two images of how my favorite PHP IDE does GIT (or any shell based integration on windows)
    1. Shot: The actual workspace panel inside the ide where all files are displayed.
    2. Shot the context menu which expands to a shell menu where one can use any program offering shell access like in normal file explorer. (That's all in windows.. Mac, Linux integration might differ
    )

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLuke View Post
    I was going to the say the same thing. It makes the case for some kind of integration with GIT inside the tool though, although we definitely have more urgent stuff to do first.
    Attached Images