You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTGWT-2083 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    abshnasko is on a distinguished road

Default How to use the Loading Mask for normal Components?

How to use the Loading Mask for normal Components?

In GXT 2.2.5, to show the little loading graphic in the mask message area, I could do something like this:

Code:
    comp.mask("Loading...", "x-mask-loading")
    I cannot figure out how to accomplish this in GXT 3. I see an interface called Mask, but it's not documented and I don't know what it does. Can someone give me a hint on how to create a mask that shows the loading graphic in GXT 3? Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

GXT 3 still has a mask method on the Component level. Only the second argument is not longer availalble. What problem do you have exactly with this method?

Vote Rating

I can show the basic mask without the loading graphic (as in the Grid component), but I cannot override the style to show the loading graphic for an arbitrary component since the extra argument for style is missing. I'd like to mask any component and have it show the loading graphic.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Moving this thread to the bugs forum.

We should add another API for this as it was possible in GXT2 very easily.

Vote Rating

Sounds good, thanks. Even better would be to simply have a "loadingMask" method.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

A loadingMask mathod does not fully fit into the hole API. It should be another appearance.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for bringing up this use case. I've filed a ticket against the team to discuss the API for making this use case possible.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    amit.vankadia is on a distinguished road

Any update on this issue. I wanted to add a loading mask on text field. I have managed to make change and add loading icon.

What I want is separate loading mask per component. For Grid default is fine but for text field it is too big. There are no way to separate an UI.

Thread Participants: 3