Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    WagsMax is on a distinguished road

@sapkalparag: I am not sure what you mean by "Hosting project inside a web server". My setup is: the project is in my /users/user/documents tree (which is not a web directory), but I am deploying to the web server (which is not Apache, but the default Mac one).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    WagsMax is on a distinguished road

On further research I found that the web server running on my Mac is indeed Apache.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Designbase is on a distinguished road

Default Well same problem here.

Well same problem here.

I Also have this problem where it says "[ERROR] The current working directory (/Users/username) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder

Any help on this?

When deploying via terminal I end up with a blank white screen, and I DID add an index.html

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rklowe01 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much!!! You procedure worked for me regarding the simulator. Does the same thing have to be done for packaging (i.e. copy the app.html to index.html and then re-run the packager)?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sapkalparag is on a distinguished road

@rklowe01: yes. Same procedure.

@
    WagsMax: Even i am kind of new to everything. N i tried alot but couldn't get myself to get the problem which u guys are facing.

install apache tomcat
    start the server

store ur project inside the /root directory inside the apache tomcat folder.
    give all ur links in the settings in architect as http://localhost:8080/path/toyour/project
    js to highlight: "http://localhost:8080/ " actually points to the root folder in apache folder.
    try n post wat happns......

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sapkalparag is on a distinguished road

Hey rklowe01
    i read in a diff post that even u were facing the following issue...

(/Users/user/path/to/project) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder

but later u were able to solve it.
    plz share exactly what changes u did so that it can help others also.
    Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rklowe01 is on a distinguished road

I was still getting that error, but I just ignored it as it didn't seem to impact the simulation...

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    daddiofaddio is on a distinguished road

Default Having the same issue trying to run in iOS simulator. Help!

Having the same issue trying to run in iOS simulator. Help!

I followed the suggestions earlier in the thread but continue to get the following:

cd /Users/glenn_graham/Sites/citybars/
    sencha package run simulator.json
    [ERROR] The current working directory (/Users/glenn_graham/Sites/citybars) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder
    The application was successfully packaged
    [DEBUG] Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 UserInfo=0x100615680 "Simulator session timed out."
    logout

[Process completed]

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    allisterf is on a distinguished road

I've not tried to deploy direct to the simulator, but work around it a different way.

Firstly, you have to be running a local host webserver. I use a mac, and I think mac even has its own webserver that can be turned on in the machine's properties - but I prefer to use XAMPP. Either way you end up with an htdocs folder which is your local webserver root - accessed via http://localhost

As long as you can preview your app in the browser, you're set.

Then run the iOS simulator. Just put iOS into the mac spotlight search to find it (for mac).
    Launch the mobile browser in the simulator. Type in the localhost URL where your app.html file is located, then when the page runs, add it to your simulator home screen. Now, every time you save and preview your app in the desktop browser, you can run the app icon in the sim and check your app full screen.

Allister