Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    davidsj is on a distinguished road

Question Loss of Millisecond precision date format and parsing using 'c' ISO 8601 format'

Loss of Millisecond precision date format and parsing using 'c' ISO 8601 format'

When using the c format to read in data and then post it back to server I'm losing millisecond precision on the formatting. I tracked this down to the Ext.date classes implementation of c in the formatCodes:

PHP Code:
            c: function() { // ISO-8601 -- GMT format           

for (var "Y-m-dTH:i:sP"code = [], 0c.lengthl; ++i) {
                    var 
    c.charAt(i);

code.push(== "T" "'T'" utilDate.getFormatCode(e)); // treat T as a character literal 

}            
                 return 
    code.join(" + ");
            }, 

The lack of the a .u between the s and P in the for loop means that milliseconds will not sent back to the server when using 'c' as the submitFormat on a timeField in a form.

The following code demonstrates that using 'c' works fine to set the millisecond precision on a date when parsing, but the precision is lost when formatting the date using 'c'.

PHP Code:
                var date Ext.Date.parse('2008-07-30T23:00:00.123-07:00''c')

console.log('Milliseconds: ' date.getMilliseconds());  // returns 123

console.log(Ext.Date.format(date'c'));

console.log('Milliseconds: ' Ext.Date.parse(Ext.Date.format(date'c'), 'c').getMilliseconds());  // should return 123 
    if '.u' is added in the format string at the appropriate spot, precision is not lost:

PHP Code:
                // Same as 'c' only with millisecond precision. Add .u between s and P.

Ext.Date.formatCodes.= function() { // ISO-8601 -- GMT format

for (var "Y-m-dTH:i:s.uP"code = [], 0c.lengthl; ++i) {
                        var 
    c.charAt(i);

code.push(== "T" "'T'" Ext.Date.getFormatCode(e)); // treat T as a character literal

}
                    return 
    code.join(" + ");
                };

console.log(Ext.Date.format(date'x'));

console.log('Milliseconds: ' Ext.Date.parse(Ext.Date.format(date'x'), 'c').getMilliseconds()); 
    I can of course override c as demonstrated above, but before I do that I wanted to understand the reasoning behind not including the milliseconds in the formatting to begin with. Was it simply a stylistic choice or was there a functional reason behind it?

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Do you want me to move this thread to Bugs?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    davidsj is on a distinguished road

Yes. Please move the thread to bugs. Thank You.

Thread Participants: 1