Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CaliLuke is on a distinguished road

This is getting looked at. Please be patient. Thanks.
    --
    Luca Candela
    twitter: @luckymethod

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I sent an email out this morning on this very thing.

I expect this will be realigned soon.

Note that you can always copy in the relavant files needed and create an index.html that includes the microloader

sdk/
    app.json
    .senchasdk
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

Thanks Phil. I am waiting patiently for this.

I spent all day today finding my installation errors but I finally was able to take the CityBars example from Architect and moved it into a app directory generated by SDKTools.

I replaced the generated app directory with the one from Architect and then modified app.js and index.html to be correct and actually got a working production application. It will do the differential update etc.

There were a few other problems.

SDKTools does not work with Touch 2.0.0. You must have Touch 2.0.1 or things break. (Yes, this was a mistake which cost me much time.)

CityBars uses "long" as a variable and this needed changing to "lon" as something did not like it. I think it was compress or minify.

There were several places I had to add "requires", to a controller I think. One was to require Ext.Map. With out the require arrays, the build crashed with out telling me why. You have to run your test version first and watch for the "synchronous loading" message.

I'll be glad when Architect will do this automatically. Now to try it with my app and see what other errors I've made.

I hope this summary helps someone.

Worth

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Normally I don't feel stupid but after a day with Sencha SDK and Architect 2.0 I feel really, really stupid. Started out on Windows but as the SDK tools are soooo broken there I left Windows for the Mac OS platform and voila - SDK Tools work out of the box! Created a small project with the microloader and it works beautiful! Packaging for the iOS simulator also works perfect! Nice, nice! Bye, bye Window for Sencha development....

OK - I have invested in Sencha Architect and now tried to get a project up in Sencha Architect and build it using the SDK tools but hitting road-blocks here and there. I sincerely hope we'll see a combination of Architect + SDK Tools that works soon... As it stands now, I have my project in parallel in Architect and in TextWrangler, designing the UI in Architect and copying the code over to the SDK generated project - sigh...

Looking forward for a complete release that enables me to focus on the actual project I have to deliver and not on the tools....

/Mattias

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

A key file that's needed is the .senchasdk

Copy this as well from the generated app folder
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

A quick question; is it at all possible to use the same Architect project that works for Simulate and Package for iOS to work with the nice "production" build of a SDK Tool generated project?

So far I have;
    1) Used Deploy -> Copy from Architect to a new directory
    2) Trying to run "sencha app build production" in that directory only to get the error: The current directory ('/Users/msa/Documents/sencha-sandbox/hdpro_touch_2') is not a valid application directory.
    3) From a SDK Tools generated project I have copied over sdk, .senchasdk, resources and app.json to the directory from 1 above
    4) Now I can run "sencha app build production" and I get a production build of the Sencha Architect project

However, will this work or will something bite me later on (specifically, I am a bit worried about copying over the app.json file from the default, empty SDK project...)

/Mattias

Vote Rating

Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect