Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    apdeveloper is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJS 4.1 ux package

ExtJS 4.1 ux package

I would like to ask some of you guys to build an "ux-all-debug" ExtJS 4.1 package similar to those available in ExtJS 3.x. I need it to upgrade an intranet project build on ExtJS 3.3. The ux package would make the upgrade easier. I have not yet used SDK tools. Please do it for me.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Bumping this to the top, as I noticed a lot of first-page questions that could be solved by this doc.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dmoney is on a distinguished road

@Sottilde

Thanks for taking the time to share this!!. It's been an unbelievably frustrating experience trying to get the SDK to work. I had pretty much given up on it.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Also note that the SDK Tools are getting a good deal of love just now
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    papaja is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    Also note that the SDK Tools are getting a good deal of love just now
    Great to hear this!

Vote Rating
    rstuart is on a distinguished road

@Sottilde

Amazing work. The fact that you have to do this is such a poor reflection on Sencha. I couldn't put it any better myself:

"I am writing this document because working with the SDK Tools and ExtJS4 is far more frustrating than it should be. Documentation is missing, inconsistent, or incorrect. Some forum posts by Sencha employees state that SDK Tools 2.0 are for Sencha Touch 2.0 only, the ExtJS4 Quick Start docs give an incomplete example use case using SDK Tools 2.0, and the “official” SDK docs are a 20-line readme file that is wildly out-of-date. That said, there is very little help out there."

Amen.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ldonofrio will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the great work.

Also, if anyone is in windows and needs to include a locale (ex ext-lang-es.js) in the build, file Project.js in the sencha sdk tools need to be patched to tell ycompressor that we need utf-8 stuff.

code:
    PHP Code:
    getCompressor : function() {
        return 
    'java -jar "' system.script.replace(Fs.getPath('bin/JSBuilder.js'), '') + Fs.getPath('ycompressor/ycompressor.jar') + '" --type js --charset utf-8 ';

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fdp is a name known to all fdp is a name known to all fdp is a name known to all fdp is a name known to all fdp is a name known to all fdp is a name known to all

Thanks for the great document.

Just a question, perhaps you can give me reply with all your experience.

For my curiosity I made an index with only this require:

Code:
    Ext.require('Ext.form.*');
    I was able to create the jsb3 file and build the all-classes.js

The output is this:
    Code:
    all-classes.js 3007KB
    app-all 682KB
    I was wondering if the Loader is right, it includes more than 200 js files for 1 line of requirement: Ext.form.*

It seems that 682 KB minified js is a lot more of what I expected to get only Ext form functions.

Just asking if you can confirm the size.

Thanks again for sharing.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    danebalia is on a distinguished road

Default Yehaaa!

Yehaaa!

Thanks for this, it's proved most helpful. Spent a whole day trying to generate my own all.js. My frustration is sufficient to kill someone. The support on this is pathetic, and is a tool that should not even be RELEASED in my humble opinion. I was going to completely stop using this product, if no solution was FOUND.

Thanks for your efforts and document.

A few more additions to help others I found: [ Windows/Asp.NET Website ]
    (a) Create Dummy Page with functionality (index-build.html)
    (b) Migrate all the support libraries into the same folder as index-build.html and reference them there directly
    (c) Don't forget to include the CSS file
    [Sample]
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext-all-gray.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="ext-dev.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="LayOut.js"></script>
    (d) Copy the ExtJs SRC (SDK) into the same folder so the build can reference it
    (e) Need to make sure that your custom js (mine LayOut.js), contains;
    Code:
    Ext.application({
    });

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of

It would be really great if you were looking at some way to integrate the SDK tools with Maven without resorting to installing the SDK tools on the build server and calling it with exec. The lack of Maven support is killing me at work, where building with Maven is mandatory and manually installing programs on the build server is prohibited. Thanks.