Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    celwell is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Are the examples included in the Sencha Touch 2 download on the same free license?

Unanswered: Are the examples included in the Sencha Touch 2 download on the same free license?

Are the examples included in the Sencha Touch 2 download on the same free license for commercial use?
    Watchlist, etc..

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Any code that touches the gpl version of Sencha Touch is gpl. If you are using the examples from the gpl version, then they are gpl. If you are using the examples from the commercial license, then they are under that license.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    celwell is on a distinguished road

I'm using the commercial license. But, then my issue is that the code is not actually in the download I got from Sencha. Most of the examples have their code, but the Watchlist example does not have the code included. I had to go github to see it. So, I'm hoping that it is including in the commercial free-use license. I won't be distributing source explicitly.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dgjones is on a distinguished road

Default WatchList specific license.

WatchList specific license.

I need to know the license type on this particular example application, as it seems to differ from the other example apps.

I'd like to use some of the WatchList's facebook integration features for a commercial application. My concern is (like celwell above) that while WatchList is referenced in the GPL sdk version, there are only a few icons and a readme file in the WatchList folder, pointing to the source code on github. The readme on the github repo has no mention of the license either.

Could someone enlighten me please?