Can’t launch Ext 4.1 from local iframe…
I am using Ext inside a line of business system that provides me an html page for creating user interfaces. However, the architecture of this application is as such that when you open one of these pages it actually brings the file down to the local disk and launches it in an embedded Internet Explorer browser.
At first I wanted to just launch my app from the page directly but due to browser security issues and cross domain access Ext would not load. I do wish there was a way around this if the app does not use AJAX or any of the AJAX components in Ext. Anyway, I got around then by simple placing a full screen iframe on the page and launched my app in there. This is a pain but I am use to it now. It works just fine in Ext 4.0.7. However now that I have upgraded to 4.1 to take advantage of a few of the other fixes this no longer works. I am getting the:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:43:54 UTC
Line: 8021
Char: 13
Code: 0
URI: http://apps.mymnl.net/extjs4/ext-all-debug.js
If I switch the reference back to the 4.0.7 it works fine. For now this is what I will have to do, but if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.