Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2097 in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Default Initial Display of Grid doesn't align with headers initially

Initial Display of Grid doesn't align with headers initially

Version: GXT 3.0.0
    Browser: Internet Explorer 8, Windows 7 64 bit {cannot reproduce on others, see below}
    Virtual Machine: No
    Mode: Development and Production Mode.

Description:
    The initial rendering of the grid doesn't align with the headers. I have the editable cell I render a div with a background to show the issue.

Once a cell is edited (as shown in screenshot) the alignment gets corrected.

I behavior was first noticed with either RC1 or RC2, but it was working fine with all the betas (at least up through beta3).

I have tested this in Chrome 20 (Development and Production mode), Firefox 12 (Production mode) and they do NOT have this problem.

Test Case:

The provided screen-shots were generated by this attached demo.

GridIssue.zip

Screenshots:

Initial rendering of grid, with emphasis of column breaks

Grid_ColumnMarkers.jpg
    Select the combo box of the second column, with editor open, the separate layout is emphasized even more.
    Grid_Step2.png

Once the combo box drop-down is rendered, then the grid is rendered correctly.
    Grid_Step3.png

Close the drop-down, and the grid remains rendered correctly.
    Grid_Step4.jpg

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the report and test case. I'm able to reproduce this issue, so I've filed a bug against the team. I'll update this thread once we have a fix.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    harun is on a distinguished road

Same issue, are there any development?

Especially new chrome browser updated, firefox and ie works good.
    Blog: blog.harunates.com
    Feel free to contact me harun@harunates.com

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

This bug has been fixed in 3.0.0b. I tested the test case on both IE8 and Chrome and the grid renders correctly when first displayed.

If you are not using 3.0.0b then update and try with this version.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I am still seeing this error, but in a more limited fashion.

If I deploy application and access it internally (on the intranet) this error still happens.

This is for Internet Explorer 8, and because it is an intranet site we are put into a browser mode of "IE8 Compat View", and this error will occur. If I bring up the dev editor and change it to IE8 Browser Mode, the issue goes away.

I hope there is a way I can change this behavior in the metadata of the page instead of changing the default browser behavior, since then I will have issues with the company to have this mode for other intranet sites.

But in any case, this defect still occurs with IE8 when the browser is in the "IE8 Compat View" browser mode.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Any updates on this issue?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

We've made a few internal changes on how we detect the active browser that should help to resolve this going forward. That being said, when IE8 detects it is in "Local Intranet" mode, no amount of JS on the page can change its mind. It turns out that IE8 will even ignore meta tags directing it to act like IE8, so you end up stuck in IE7 mode. The changes made will help GXT to better detect when it is in IE7 mode, and offer you a way to ask IE8 to behave like IE8 in these cases.

While the meta tag will not convince IE8 to behave like IE8, a HTTP header will. Here is a sample J2EE filter that will ask IE to behave like either IE8 or IE9 if possible. This is not part of GXT, and isn't a supported part of the library, but may serve as a helpful example in trying to solve Local Intranet mode issues in your deployed applications.

Code:
    public class LatestIEFilter implements Filter {  @Override
      public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse resp, FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {
        ((HttpServletResponse)resp).setHeader("X-UA-Compatible", "IE=8,IE-9");
        chain.doFilter(req, resp);
      }

@Override
      public void init(FilterConfig arg0) throws ServletException {
        // no-op
      }
      @Override
      public void destroy() {
        // no-op
      }

}