Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pbenoit is on a distinguished road

Default Button in container to trigger video with data from container

Button in container to trigger video with data from container

I have a container that contains some data from a store (passed through from a list). I also have a button in the container and I want to somehow trigger a video panel on clicking the button, but the video link must come from the store.
    Data flow would be like this: List > detailView (containing button) > on button tap link data gets handed through to controller to include in video view.

Are there any examples of this online. I have tried to add an onclick to a button element in the tpl of the detailView, just get 'function undefined'.

Any ideas or starting suggestions would be great.

Phil

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I would set the record onto the container so you can access it anytime within the record. Like on button tap, you can get the container and the record and use the get method on the record to get the video url.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1