Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Enrico.Massone is on a distinguished road

Default A good reference to learn the basics of ext js

A good reference to learn the basics of ext js

Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbie to Ext js, I'd like to use it to create good looking user interfaces for web applications.
    I'm trying to understand the source code available in section "Sample and Demos" of Sencha web site, but I'm encountering some difficulties.
    The main problem is that this is the first time I use a framework and I don't have any theoretical notion about the functioning of Ext JS, for this reason I'm looking for a good source (books, lecture notes, tutorials and stuff like that) to learn the basics of Ext JS.
    I don't need to learn everything about Ext JS, but to start writing working code I must know the syntax rules, the available system functions and the general philosophy of this framework.
    Can anyone suggest me some good references ?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sencha - Community Support Team sword-it's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough

Hi Enrico,

For basics , you may refer to Ext JS in Action By J Garcia.
    Here you can find the sample of it http://www.manning.com/garcia/Sample-CH1.pdf

By the way , you must posses knowledge about Javascript before starting with ExtJs.If you have not,you can start with Javascript tutorial from w3 schools from here http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp
    sword-it.com, Sencha Developer House in Turkey - Istanbul University Technopark Suite 204.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    RaviKaria is on a distinguished road

Visit www.extjs-tutorial.com to learn ExtJS 4 step by step.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold

Don't forget that there are many examples/demos in the examples folder and they can be used to learn various portions of the API.

Vote Rating
    Misiu is a jewel in the rough Misiu is a jewel in the rough Misiu is a jewel in the rough

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Q&A or Discussion?

Vote Rating
    chramer will become famous soon enough

this http://senchatutorials.in/ also looks very nice