Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    PhilChill is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Testing tools

Unanswered: Testing tools

Hey guys,

my question is how are you testing your application? Are you just test it with chrome and the console? I started to create selenium tests but that is not working so well as i thought

What testing tools do you can recommend to test sencha touch 2 application?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

On as many devices as I can! It's the only reliable way I've found, for instance webkit on an iPhone throws "undefined" exceptions where safari/chrome skip over them.

Chrome or Safari are ok for development purposes, but beyond that the one and only way to test for deployment is on the devices.

Sencha - Community Support Team sword-it's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

You should use iPhone/iPad hardware simulator on a mac, or the Android simulator if you're on Windows.

By the way there are major differences between testing scenarios in terms of simulators and browsers. So you should use one of the simulators for testing purposes.

Also,t
    here is a Chrome extension named 'Ripple' that is too cool for testing purposes.
    sword-it.com, Sencha Developer House in Turkey - Istanbul University Technopark Suite 204.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Siesta supports testing of ST apps/components, give it a go!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    PhilChill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response. I'm testing already on real devices but for the prettiness i would like to write tests.
    I will give siesta a try is there anywhere to find a good manual how to use it and how to import it to the application?