Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    paulh1971 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Target a list detail view from a button on another view other than the list view.

Unanswered: Target a list detail view from a button on another view other than the list view.

Hello All,

I have been playing with a solution for this, but have not yet come up with one.

I have a list view wtih a corresponding detail view. Is it possible to target a list items detail view from a button in another view? When the button is tapped from the other view, I can have it change the view, but the record needs to be passed and I can't figure that out.

I hope that makes sense, and I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
    Paul

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When you tap on a list item, you go to the detail view. In this detail view there is a button that you want to do something on a different list but need to use the record that was tapped on in the first list?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Thanks for the response Mitchell.

The button is actully in a view as just a regular button. When pressed, I would like for it to go to a specific list item detail view. I tried to hard code the record, which is fine for this purpose, but it doesn't work. It goes to detail view, but nothing shows up.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So you need to get a record from the store to show a different detail view based on the record you found. I would cache the store instance when the itemtap event fires on the detail view so that you can easily access it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

I am not starting out with a list or detail view.

Say for instance there is a list view of shows and a corresponding detail view for each show.

When I start out, I will be on a regular old view with some text and a button xtype. In this view the text is talking about one of the shows so I am providing a button for them to find out more information. I need the button to go to the detail view of that particular show. So at this point, I am not interacting wtih the store and have no way to get the record. So I would like to hard code the record since I know what recored I want to go to.

I hope that makes more sense. I appreciate your help!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Does anyone possibly have an answer for this? I would appreciate any help!

Thread Participants: 1