Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Default Setting deviceType=iPad makes it impossible to Simulate

Setting deviceType=iPad makes it impossible to Simulate

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Setting deviceType=iPad in the Simulate options generated the following error in the Terminal that pops up when trying to Simulate:
    Code:
    idun-mac:~ msa$ /var/folders/nk/c69c87r17h3dwj1rzmh6k_2c0000gn/T/temp.sh ; exit;
    cd /Users/msa/Documents/sencha-sandbox/hdpro_touch/
    sencha package run simulator.json
    [INFO] The application was successfully packaged
    [ERROR] [DEBUG] Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=1 "Unknown error." UserInfo=0x100b43d80 {NSLocalizedDescription=Unknown error., DTiPhoneSimulatorUnderlyingErrorCodeKey=-1}
    logout
    No Simulator opens up.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I'm also getting this bug. Looking into it.

Perhaps the code changed w/ beta3 sdktools?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rklowe01 is on a distinguished road

Default Error trying to do iPad simulation using Architect

Error trying to do iPad simulation using Architect

I'm trying to simulate a sample app using Architect and I get the following error:
    sencha package run simulator.json
    [ERROR] The current working directory (/Users/zachlowe/Sites/sencha_sdk/myprojects/Architect/GameDay) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder
    The application was successfully packaged
    [DEBUG] Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=1 UserInfo=0x100131660 "Unknown error."
    logout

Here's what's in my simulator.json file:
    {
    "applicationName": "GameTest",
    "applicationId": "3FYNXD49MV.*",
    "bundleSeedId": "3FYNXD49MV",
    "versionString": "test_05_15_12",
    "iconName": "icon.png",
    "inputPath": "/Users/zachlowe/Sites/sencha_sdk/myprojects/Architect/GameTest",
    "outputPath": "/Users/zachlowe/Sites/sencha_simulator",
    "configuration": "Debug",
    "platform": "iOSSimulator",
    "deviceType": "iPad",
    "certificatePath": "/Users/zachlowe/Sites/sencha_package/P12Certificate.p12",
    "certificateAlias": "",
    "sdkPath": "/Users/zachlowe/Sites/sencha_sdk",
    "androidAPILevel": ""
    }

Questions:
    (1) What is causing above error?
    (2) Why does an empty iPhone pop up in the simulator instead of iPad?
    (3) How do you specify "orientations" in Architect (my app is landscape only)?

Thanks in advance - Bob

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

This happens for me as well and I'm required to swich device (Hardware > Device) to iPad and then swipe to the 2nd screen to find my application and open it. I am then presented w/ my application.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bcichowlas is on a distinguished road

Default Where is there more detailed info and examples for porting to IOS and Android?

Where is there more detailed info and examples for porting to IOS and Android?

The information you gave above was helpful and I can now see my app on the iPhone and iPad simulator. When I make an "ad hoc" version, though, and try to deploy through Hockey, it goes through the motions of downloading and then says that the app cannot be run "at this time", which is a typical Hockey message if your deployment is not set up correctly. (I've deployed a lot of Objective-C native apps through Hockey and through the iTunes store.)

When I try to deploy to the simulator on Android, the app never starts. When I build a .apk, copy it to an SD card and then to the Android, it gives me a 'parse error" when I try to run it.

I'm really hoping to get some Sencha apps that I've built with Architect up for clients soon. My apps run fine on the desktop. What can help me and what should I be reading?

Thanks,
    Bruce
    508-215-9047

Vote Rating

Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect