Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Tatonka is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Decouple Ext.Window into a separate browser popup window

Unanswered: Decouple Ext.Window into a separate browser popup window

Hi,

the website I am working on currently uses Ext.windows to display for example help texts. I would like the User to be able to basically launch this Ext.window into a separate browser window so that they can put the actual website and the help text side by side when working. My current solution is that we launch a popup if possible and if a popup blocker is detected an Ext.window is used.

My question is, is there some sort of support build into ExtJS to launch a popup window (the separate browser window) and if so, is there a way to easily load Ext content in that window.

I would be thankful for any helpful comment or hint.

Thanks
    T.

Sencha - Community Support Team friend's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    friend has a spectacular aura about friend has a spectacular aura about

It would be a whole lot easier to use a 'border' layout where the 'east' panel is initially in a collapsed state. The user could expand the panel as they see fit in order to view help information. The panel in the east region could also be dynamically loaded with help info relative to whatever content is being displayed in the center region.

This frees a user from having to deal with multiple windows and alignment/sizing hassles.

Just a thought...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Tatonka is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks for the reply .. I was a bit reluctant to change the layout of the main page to incorporate the help panel, but thinking about it again, that is probably the better choice here.

I added an option to launch the panels content in a popup still if people with low resolution screens would rather switch windows than loose the space for working.

Thanks
    T.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

I'd check out the code in managed Iframe. It injects extjs into an I frame... Might be similar to what you are looking to do.
    Senior Technical Training & Mentoring

Teahouse Training Company
    Asia Pacific Region (Official Certified Sencha Trainer)

Check out SenchaWorld.com - The best bits from the Sencha community (videos, blogs, etc)

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar