Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    oliver.cox is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Grid Action prevent editing

Answered: Grid Action prevent editing

Hi,

I have been having a problem whereby the StopSelection config option on the Ext.grid.column.Action does not prevent entering edit on a row. This only applies when the editor.ClicksToEdit is set to 1.

Am I wrong in assuming that the StopSelection should also prevent entering edit?

Thanks

Oliver
    Last edited by oliver.cox; 17 May 2012 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Title doesn't reflect the nature of the issue

2. This will not affect the editing. This is related to selecting the record when clicking the icon.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

This will not affect the editing. This is related to selecting the record when clicking the icon.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Scott,

Thanks for confirming this. Are you aware of any way I can prevent entering edit when clicking an action column?

Thanks

Oliver

Sencha - Community Support Team sword-it's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

You must see it....
    related with as yours thread...

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-t-hide-fields
    sword-it.com, Sencha Developer House in Turkey - Istanbul University Technopark Suite 204.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi,

Thanks for that, it wasn't quite what I needed though. I need to prevent the row entering edit when the action column is clicked as opposed to prevent the action column displaying when editing.

For now I have a solution that involves add a custom config setting "suspendEditing" which I set to true in the action column handler. A modal form is then opened and when closed "suspendEditing" is set to false. In the beforeedit handler I return !suspendEditing.

I'm not sure this is the best way to handle this as I don't really want to add a custom setting to all my grids. Any ideas as to how I can better achieve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oliver