Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    anarchos78 is on a distinguished road

Default Extjs4 stores and records length

Extjs4 stores and records length

Hello friends

I have in a viewport a textfield that it is for searching purpose. I have also a store that holds the data from the search queries. When user conducts a search and if query has results the store is populated with records. Each time user makes a search the store is updating with the new records. It is likely that some queries will not return results. So, what I want is when the search query don,t return any results not to update the store but retain the last successful query results. How can I do that?

Thanks

Tom

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You could have a search store that updates the main store on success.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    anarchos78 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
    Thank for the reply. In my app i have only one store holding search results. Is it possible to achieve the above functionality with one store? If not can you point me in how to do it with two stores?

Thank you again

Tom

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I will have to look into this. The idea is to maintain the previous results if the new result is null and display an error?

I guess you could return success: false from the server if no records found to maintain current set.

Scott.

Thread Participants: 1