Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TillF is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    TillF - can you post your full .gwt.xml file so we can see what other dependencies you might have? Earlier on in trying to reproduce this we thought it was a Windows-specific issue, perhaps related to line-endings, but we've been unable to reproduce it on any of our test machines.

So far, zetomatoz's source of the issue seems to make the most sense, that some other library is interacting with GXT. I'll be looking into the specifics that allow Incubator 2.0.1 to interfere to try to pin down the exact piece that caused the problem. I'd be willing to believe that other libraries might have the same issue.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.6.4//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.6.4/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
    <module>
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User" />
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N" />

<inherits name='com.google.gwt.activity.Activity' />
        <inherits name='com.google.gwt.place.Place' />

<inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT' />
        <inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.chart.Chart' />

<inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.Gray" />

<entry-point class="my.EntryPoint" />

<!-- super dev mode -->
        <add-linker name="xsiframe" />
        <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled"
            value="true" />
    </module>
    The issue appears on linux and mac as well. I'm running gxt 3.0.1 and gwt 2.5-rc now but the problem still persists.

Also I can't find any other ClientBundle and CssResource than those in gwt-servlet-2.5.0-rc1.jar and gwt-user-2.5.0-rc1.jar in my project classpath. The project is a maven project. Could it be, that the gwt maven plugin causes the problem?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    th3dude is on a distinguished road

Is there a resolution or workaround for this yet? My GWT maven project requires gwt-incubator 2.1 but something is causing my GXT styles to not generate properly.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I haven't found a solution yet but I noticed that it works just fine using the super dev mode which has been added in gwt 2.5.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    th3dude is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am stuck using 2.4 for the time being. I'm kind of stuck, because I need this to work.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

TillF, you don't appear to be using the gwt-incubator, which is incompatible with _any_ project or library (including GXT) that uses ClientBundles in a relatively modern way. I'm not yet certain what your issue is, but will be trying a sample project with the Module file you provided.

GWT-Incubator has its own ClientBundle, and takes control from GWT itself to create those bundles, but because it is out of sync with any recent version of GWT, it is missing a number of important features and bug fixes. This is what causes these compile warnings and errors - while GWT-Incubator is either a) so out of date (last release was in 2010) and b) taking over tasks that GWT itself should be used for, this will remain an issue.

From http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/:
    The Google Web Toolkit Incubator project is deprecated and is no longer supported by the GWT team.
    Most of the important widgets and APIs made their way into GWT trunk a long time ago. The rest may be included at a later date.
    We cannot support code that is this old and deprecated, and we especially cannot support code that poorly takes over tasks that GWT itself can do correctly.

That said, a possible way to work around this issue: Try moving the inherits statement for the incubator modules earlier in the .gwt.xml file - possibly to the very top of the list of inherits. This *may* allow GWT to take back control of ClientBundle and thus allow GXT appearances to render correctly, but this may also break assumptions within the incubator project on these outmoded generators.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately changing the order of the inherits didn't help in my case.
    I searched for implementors of ClientBundle:
    Code:
    com.google.gwt.cell.client
    com.google.gwt.resources.client
    com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client
    com.google.gwt.user.client.impl
    com.google.gwt.user.client.ui
    com.sencha.gxt.core.client.dom
    com.sencha.gxt.core.client.resources
    com.sencha.gxt.dnd.core.client
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.button
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.container
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.draggable
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.field
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.grid
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.info
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.panel
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.tips
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.toolbar
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.widget
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.box
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.colorpalette
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.menu
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.panel
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.progress
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.resizable
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.slider
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.status
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.statusproxy
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.tabs
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.toolbar
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.tools
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.tree
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.widget
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.client.window
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.box
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.colorpalette
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.menu
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.panel
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.progress
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.resizable
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.slider
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.status
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.statusproxy
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.tabs
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.toolbar
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.tools
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.tree
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.widget
    com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.window
    com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client
    com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.box
    com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.error
    In addition I have my own bundle:
    Code:
    import com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT;
    import com.google.gwt.resources.client.ClientBundle;
    import com.google.gwt.resources.client.ImageResource;

public interface MyBundle extends ClientBundle
    {
        public MyBundle INSTANCE = GWT.create(MyBundle.class);

ImageResource image_one();

ImageResource image_two();
    }
    Also, I simplified my gwt.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.6.4//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.6.4/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
    <module>

<inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT' />
        <inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.chart.Chart' />
        <inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.Gray" />

<inherits name="com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N" />  
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User" />

<entry-point class="my.EntyPoint" />

<!-- super dev mode -->
        <add-linker name="xsiframe" />
        <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled"
            value="true" />
    </module>
    Is there anything else I should be looking for?

I'm using gwt-maven-plugin:2.5.0-rc1 to compile the application. Here is the output:
    Code:
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.window.GrayWindowAppearance.GrayWindowResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.window.GrayWindowAppearance.GrayWindowResources
    [INFO]          Invoking generator com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator
    [INFO]             Preparing method style
    [INFO]                The following problems were detected
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 9 column 10: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 11 column 10: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.tree.GrayTreeAppearance.GrayTreeResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.tree.GrayTreeAppearance.GrayTreeResources
    [INFO]          Invoking generator com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 9 column 19: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 12 column 10: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 13 column 11: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.menu.GrayMenuAppearance.GrayMenuResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.menu.GrayMenuAppearance.GrayMenuResources
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 2 column 10: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.menu.GrayMenuItemAppearance.GrayMenuItemResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.menu.GrayMenuItemAppearance.GrayMenuItemResources
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 2 column 14: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 2 column 14: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 3 column 20: encountered "moz-use-text-color". Was expecting one of: <NUMBER> <PERCENTAGE> <PT> <MM> <CM> <PC> <IN> <PX> <EMS> <EXS> <DEG> <RAD> <GRAD> <MS> <SECOND> <HZ> <KHZ> <DIMEN> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 4 column 23: encountered "_". Was expecting one of: "}" "+" "-" "," ";" "/" <STRING> <IDENT> <NUMBER> <URL> <PERCENTAGE> <PT> <MM> <CM> <PC> <IN> <PX> <EMS> <EXS> <DEG> <RAD> <GRAD> <MS> <SECOND> <HZ> <KHZ> <DIMEN> <HASH> <IMPORTANT_SYM> <UNICODERANGE> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.core.client.resources.CommonStyles.CommonStylesDefaultAppearance.CommonDefaultResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.core.client.resources.CommonStyles.CommonStylesDefaultAppearance.CommonDefaultResources
    [INFO]             Preparing method styles
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 42 column 33: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 48 column 22: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.field.FieldLabelDefaultAppearance.FieldLabelResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.field.FieldLabelDefaultAppearance.FieldLabelResources
    [INFO]             Preparing method css
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 27 column 14: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.grid.GrayGridAppearance.GrayGridResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.grid.GrayGridAppearance.GrayGridResources
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 89 column 23: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 91 column 16: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.grid.ColumnHeaderDefaultAppearance.ColumnHeaderResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.grid.ColumnHeaderDefaultAppearance.ColumnHeaderResources
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 46 column 17: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 49 column 10: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 50 column 7: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 51 column 20: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 52 column 21: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 65 column 20: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 67 column 16: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 68 column 10: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 69 column 14: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 72 column 8: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.ListView.ListViewDefaultResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.ListView.ListViewDefaultResources
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 12 column 33: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 14 column 10: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 15 column 11: encountered " ". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]    Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.widget.GrayDatePickerAppearance.GrayDatePickerResources'
    [INFO]       Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.gray.client.widget.GrayDatePickerAppearance.GrayDatePickerResources
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 11 column 21: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 13 column 10: encountered "0". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 70 column 19: encountered "-". Was expecting one of: "}" ";" <IDENT> 
    [INFO]                   [WARN] Line 72 column 10: encountered "0". Was expecting one of: <IDENT> <FUNCTION>
    Thanks,
    Till

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Finally, I found what caused the issue for me. It was a dependency for birt in my depency list:

Code:
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.birt.runtime</groupId>
        <artifactId>org.eclipse.birt.runtime</artifactId>
        <version>3.7.2.v20120214-1408</version>
    </dependency>
    Removing or just putting it at the end of the dependency list did the trick in my case. I don't know which artifact caused the problem but I don't think it is a GXT bug after all.

UPDATE:
    Now I found a better way than change the order of the dependency list. The gwt maven plugin has an option called gwtSdkFirstInClasspath. This helps as well and is certainly a better solution.
    Code:
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
      <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>2.5.0-rc1</version>
      <executions>
        <execution>
          <goals>
             <goal>compile</goal>
           </goals>
        </execution>
       </executions>
       <configuration>
           <!-- ... -->
           <gwtSdkFirstInClasspath>true</gwtSdkFirstInClasspath>
        </configuration>
    </plugin>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    marican is on a distinguished road

Thanks TillF, your post solved the problem for me as well!