Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1917 in a recent build.
    Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    PlasmaTek is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Crashes constantly - out of memory

Crashes constantly - out of memory

I've been trying to use Sencha Architect today. I upgraded our version 1 project and it crashed half way through saving (out of memory error). I tried again and it worked.
    I have tried several times to create new components or edit existing ones and it crashes constantly. All I can show you is the dissasembly:

Sencha Architect Build: 442

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Operating system: Windows 7, 64 Bit, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Sencha API: ExtJS 4.1
    Other Software: Visual Studio 2010 Proffesional

ntdll.dll!773415de()
    Code:
    773415BF  call        dword ptr fs:[0C0h]  
    773415C6  add         esp,4  
    773415C9  ret         18h  
    773415CC  mov         eax,12Fh  
    773415D1  xor         ecx,ecx  
    773415D3  lea         edx,[esp+4]  
    773415D7  call        dword ptr fs:[0C0h]  
    -->773415DE  add         esp,4  
    773415E1  ret         0Ch  
    773415E4  mov         eax,130h  
    773415E9  xor         ecx,ecx  
    773415EB  lea         edx,[esp+4]  
    773415EF  call        dword ptr fs:[0C0h]

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Some screenshots

Some screenshots

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Unable to reproduce this on Windows 7. Any other pointers as to what the issue may be?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks Aaron,

I sure there are a combination of factors which will make this frustrating for you and your team to debug. Your more than welcome to send me a debug version for me to test. In the mean time, here is some more information that may shed some light on the problem.

My project has the following:
    • 48 components, some big some just custom displayfields
    • 66 Ajax stores
    • Controllers are done in VS2010
    • Peak memory set when open is 903,404k
    • Working memory set is 932,308k
    • Paged Pool 410K
    • 12560 Handles
    • VS2010 is open at the same time as SA2 and project folders are shared between the programs
    • Most of the crashes occur after adding a couple of components or duplicating a component or dragging a component. Every now and again it locks up on saving.
    • Some of the crashes (rarely though) indicate out of memory errors - I will grab a screenshot when it next happends.
    • Other open programs are Firefox (latest), IE 9, Outlook 2007, SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Server
    Let me know if there is more information I can provide.

Thanks

Colin

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I ran SA2 with a debugger go this when it went down
    Code:
    Unhandled exception at 0x773415de in Sencha Architect.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xbbadbeef.
    Also, there may be a problem with the 422 update. When I downloaded and installed SA2 yesterday, I was immeadiately asked to update to 422. Looking at my SA2 directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\SenchaArchitect I see that it has the file xds-2.0.0.000440.ion. In the temp install directory at C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0 there is the file xds-2.0.0.000442.ion

I deleted the 440.ion file and replaced it with the 422.ion file .... it still crashes though.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I'm wondering if VS is putting locks on some of the files (the controllers). Note that we recommend writing even your controllers within Architect. (even if that is a copy paste from VS).

Can you try to get it to crash with VS closed? I'm not suggesting thats a viable endgame but would give us more data.

However the access violation suggests a memory exception (not file) ... hmmm
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Would you be willing to share an archive of your project with us privately at designer.feedback at sencha.com?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    paulcardo is on a distinguished road

I started to get the same issue, crashes when try to duplicate a view,
    the project has 95 controllers, 63 models, 63 stores and 22 views

Open project it uses 870,308 k
    request duplicate view, the amount increment to 913,832 k and crash

I will send it to designer.feedback

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I have emailed the archive as requested.

Vote Rating

Thanks for sharing both of these projects. We are taking a look into it. It looks like a memory management issue as you alluded to above.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran