Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pulliags is on a distinguished road

Default Application load time on Android 2.2.3

Application load time on Android 2.2.3

Hoping that someone could tell me if this is typical of a Sencha Architect 2 app. I've taken the NavigationView example app, imported it in to Sencha Architect 2, then packaged the app in to an apk, and finally copied it over to an Android phone running 2.2.3. The issue arrises when trying to run the app. It can take any where from 15 secs to never to load the first view. The app just sits there with a white screen for what feels like an eternity...sometimes not even loading. I want to recommend Sencha Architect 2 to my bosses, but this issue does not give a good first impression to the user. Any ideas on why this app would be taking so long to load? This is just a small sample app, so I'm not sure how a bigger app would fair any better. Thanks!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    allisterf is on a distinguished road

Running wireless or on 3G?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

This is not typical.

Is it packaged into the filesystem? Have you switched to using a built file rather than dynamic loading? Have you minified?

If you haven't taken these steps you will probably want to post in the SDK Tools forum to get more help in regard to packaging your app.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Currently I'm testing wirelessly using our wifi here at work...haven't taken it outside of the firewall to test through 3G.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Aaron,

My thoughts were that this wasn't typical, but I'm at a loss of what is going wrong. I'm new to this, so I'm not sure how to answer your questions. I basically use the package command in Sencha Architect 2 to create the apk, then copy it over using adb install. I'll take a look at the SDK Tools forum to see if I can get more help.

Thanks!!

Gregg

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

To minify the application, do I need to configure the app for Production instead of Debug or does it need to be minified some other way?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by pulliags View Post
    To minify the application, do I need to configure the app for Production instead of Debug or does it need to be minified some other way?
    Yes production, SDK tools has the ability to minify with YUICompressor, uglifyjs or closure compiler.

I'd recommend using yuicompressor and uglify and comparing the difference in size.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2