Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bwilson is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Multiple Models in TreePanel

Unanswered: Multiple Models in TreePanel

Is it possible to have different models for different nodes in a tree panel? Consider a case like displaying employees within departments within companies. I want to display company, expanded to department, expanded to employee. At each level of node, I want some data associated with the node and have that available in the node when I do a cascadeBy() to traverse the tree, but the data is different for company vs. department vs. employee. It seems like the guide on the ExtJS doc site specifies one set of columns that applies to all nodes. Is there any way to specify different columns/models, each for a different class of node?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You will most likely need to handle this on the backend. Load each node with filtered data from server.

Scott.

Thread Participants: 1