Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mice-pace is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Need help with SDK for Deployment

Unanswered: Need help with SDK for Deployment

Hello everyone, i could use some help making a custom build and minifying using the SDK

I'm new to Ext JS, but not to programming so once i'd downloaded it i rifled through the examples and fairly quickly put together something that did exactly what i wanted, drawing all the classes from ext-debug. It runs fine, there aren't any actual problems with the code, but since it isn't minified and loads the entire library it's far from fast.

Since i lept in boots and all i'm not quite sure how to backtrack and set everything up so that i can use the SDK to make a custom build with only the (few) classes i need and minify everything so it runs faster.

Is there any chance someone can step me through what i've gotta do right from the beginning like the hasty fool i am, so i can still use the code i wrote but build a new class library for it and minify the pair of them? Best to assume i've done nothing besides writing the code (or more accurately, probably done it wrong, lol)

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mice-pace is on a distinguished road

I have now... although i'm struggling to see how that helps with what i'm asking. Hm.

Perhaps i phrased it wrong, using the word class or load when i shouldn't have, i don't know. All my code does is create 2 toolbars, some actions and a DatePicker. I was under the impression Ext-debug you insert via the HTML has the code for all the types of objects i might need to create (in a readable, and therefore debuggable format) but the SDK gives you the option to create a different *.js containing only the ones you need and nothing else.

If my above assumption is incorrect and i need to always include one of the core files that's one less thing to worry about, but i'm still not sure how i can use the SDK to minify my code

Thread Participants: 1