Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2165 in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member dardison's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dardison is on a distinguished road

Default Could we have a getter for EditorConverterAdapter converter?

Could we have a getter for EditorConverterAdapter converter?

Hi guys,

In the EditorConverterAdapter there is no getter for:

Code:
    private Converter<T, U> converter;
    In the context of an EditorVisitor for example it would be very useful to have that getter in order to provide the T value from the U value.
    I know I could get the T value if I flush the editor, but inside the visitor I don't want to do that.

Regards,
    Daniel

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Interesting idea, but it comes with a caveat - how is the subeditor wrapped by the adapter supposed to know to pass the value out to the converter? If I am using the Converter to turn a String into a Date and back again for a DateField, your idea makes sense since DateField actually has a getValue() method, but what about cases like String<=>Person and a Editor<Person> - how can the value of that subeditor be read out without flushing it?

If we built ConverterEditorAdapter to _only_ work with LeafValueEditors, this might be possible, but this would also be constricting. A specialized subclass could be written that can only handle LeafValueEditors, and so could call LeafValueEditor.getValue(), pass the value through the Converter, and return it.

Moving this to Discussion for now, pending further comments, as I don't think this even can be implemented.

Ext GWT Premium Member dardison's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dardison is on a distinguished road

I'm not asking you take care of anything, I 'm just asking if you could provide a getter, don't see the problem.
    At least could you provide a protected getter so we could subclassing the Converter?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Right, got it - I had understood this to be a change in how getValue worked (i.e. the getter, using the converter) as opposed to a new getter for the Converter instance.

Moving this back to bugs and filing it as a reasonable change to make.

In the meantime, JSNI can be used to get the converter instance from the private field, either in your EditorVisitor or from within a subclass.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

Committed into SVN, will be available in the next release.

Thread Participants: 1

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar