Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jamone is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ui handling TextButtons addClickHandlers

Unanswered: Ui handling TextButtons addClickHandlers

Can someone explain how to handle buttons in forms that are created through UiBinding?

For example, I have created the UIBinding Form demo, but the buttons do nothing, so from that perspective the demo is useless.

In other examples, I see the TextButton being handled by:
    @UiHandler("buttonName")
    void onClick(ClickEvent e) {
    Window.alert("Hi");
    }

But when I try to use the above as a guide to make a button do something really useful I keep getting this error:
    Field 'buttonName' does not have an 'addClickHandler' method associated.

Try as I might I am unable to create an addClickHandler that the TextButton will recognize, so can someone please explain how to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Try this instead:

Code:
    @UiHandler("buttonName")
    void onClick(SelectEvent e) {
      Window.alert("Hi");
    }
    GXT uses the SelectEvent instead of a ClickEvent to make sure that all possible ways the user might activate the button will work correctly, including tabbing into the button and using the space or enter key. A ClickEvent wouldn't be appropriate there, as there would be no way to report a X,Y position for the click, so instead we abstract out possible selection behavior into the SelectEvent.

Thread Participants: 1