Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jamone is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ui handling TextButtons addClickHandlers

Unanswered: Ui handling TextButtons addClickHandlers

Can someone explain how to handle buttons in forms that are created through UiBinding?

For example, I have created the UIBinding Form demo, but the buttons do nothing, so from that perspective the demo is useless.

In other examples, I see the TextButton being handled by:
    @UiHandler("buttonName")
    void onClick(ClickEvent e) {
    Window.alert("Hi");
    }

But when I try to use the above as a guide to make a button do something really useful I keep getting this error:
    Field 'buttonName' does not have an 'addClickHandler' method associated.

Try as I might I am unable to create an addClickHandler that the TextButton will recognize, so can someone please explain how to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Try this instead:

Code:
    @UiHandler("buttonName")
    void onClick(SelectEvent e) {
      Window.alert("Hi");
    }
    GXT uses the SelectEvent instead of a ClickEvent to make sure that all possible ways the user might activate the button will work correctly, including tabbing into the button and using the space or enter key. A ClickEvent wouldn't be appropriate there, as there would be no way to report a X,Y position for the click, so instead we abstract out possible selection behavior into the SelectEvent.

Thread Participants: 1