Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kelvinleung is on a distinguished road

Default Import existing ExtJS code

Import existing ExtJS code

Wonder if there is anyway to import existing code into Sencha Architect, we are mid way into our development using ExtJS 4 and don't want to throw away our code.

Vote Rating
    rbraddy is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering the same thing.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CaliLuke is on a distinguished road

Not at the moment. We're not even sure it can be done to be honest. We'll look into it again once the more urgent stuff is done, but I'm making no promises about it. For all intents and purposes, you should behave like this will never be implemented and act accordingly.
    --
    Luca Candela
    twitter: @luckymethod

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    oldroy is on a distinguished road

Default Importing existing extjs code.

Importing existing extjs code.

Seems like that would be very difficult, if not impossible.

In the same way that you would need to build a project for Visual Studio or Eclipse by hand, you would have to do the same for architect. Visual Studio opens Visual Studio projects, well, because all of the stuff that the IDE is looking for exists.

Architect is looking for project metatdata and folders and files in particular order and structure. The easiest way to get that done, is to build that in Architect. Just like you probably wouldn't build a Visual Studio project outside of Visual Studio because it would be a giant pain, you wouldn't build an Architect project outside of Architect.

Vote Rating

Not exactly. If I have existing code in C/C++, I can fairly easily build a new "project" in Visual Studio, adding those existing source, header and resource files.

It certainly seems feasible that a more complete "Import" capability could be developed for Architect, which already knows how to represent the various ExtJS classes. If it's preferable to ignore the huge installed base of ExtJS code that's out there and not bring it into the Architect fold, so be it. I'll probably just stick with my IDE and let my Architect trial expire. The IDE enables me to do everything I need to do with complete flexibility at this point.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    oldroy is on a distinguished road

So would you be importing extjs 3.3, 4.07, 4.1.0, 4.1.1? When you create a new project in Visual Studio and import files, don't those files have a structure?

You can't very well import classes into Visual Studio that aren't compatible with VS 10 if they were made in VS 8. Can't use .net 2.0 - 4.0 classes unless you import the libraries that support them. Are your class structures in import files going to match what particular version of extjs you will be using?

When you import into an MVC project in Visual Studio, don't you need to have that structure in mind before you even build the files that you will be importing?

In extjs that huge base of users and their code, for the most part isn't MVC, and MVC is going to change as is matures.

All of those import restrictions are after Visual Studio has had 15 years to mature. This is really the beginning.

Maybe Visual Studio was a bad example. I'd bet they will build these things if they can, but some of it is very difficult.

I can't import a rails 2.3.5 project into rubymine and convert it into rails 3.2. Can't be done. Wouldn't ever expect it to.

Vote Rating

Agreed. I wouldn't expect to import ExtJS 3.x - perhaps just 4.1.

There needs to be interoperability between SA and ExtJS 4.1 that's written natively, within the MVC architecture of 4.1 - that's all I'm saying; otherwise, it relegates SA to being a prototype generation tool (or early-stage training aid).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kelvinleung is on a distinguished road

Default partial import

partial import

In my case I use codesmith to generate ext models, stores and views from database or .net classes which save a lot of typing. All my fellow developers don't like typing in the config panel.

Maybe Sencha can consider provides import of model and store which should be much simpler to validate, and provide generation or drag and drop of fields into the designer based on model. Until then I will stay with my javascript editor.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sixflags is on a distinguished road

I don't understand why a very simple and *logical* inquiry becomes an "All-or-Nothing" debate. It is perfectly understandable that someone thinks about importing existing Ext JS code (be it 4.1 or not) into an Architect project.

For my side, I have a considerable amount of database tables to put in models and if I do that with Sencha Architect, then this will take a very long time. I tried creating an Architect project with one model and added manually more models, i.e. added the appropriate files to the folder. Architect wouldn't notice.
    I even tried "registering" my models into the XDS file: there is a list "topInstanceFileMap", containing the items. However, they have specific id's that I haven't figured out ("96466204-06ea-4355-9d38-6415be164b50", "85385870-e28b-4fb1-96f7-42e2d3ced489", etc.). I added just another item (with id "my-dummy-model2" and the "paths" setup accordingly), but Architect doesn't like it at all and refuses to open the project.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    asm@worldticket.net is on a distinguished road

I would need the same thing.. Our developers did a prototype, but they did not have Architect installed, so they just handcoded the things into ExtJS in their favorite editor.

However we must be able to import some things?
    Alternatively how about just copying in the content of a form?

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar