Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    avoka_team is on a distinguished road

Default Slice tool for large buttons

Slice tool for large buttons

Hello,

we've got some particular UI requirements which require the usage of medium and large buttons (scale=medium or large), custom style for buttons, and support of IE8 and modern browsers.

I've created my own button UIs using the extjs-button-ui mixin, and it works well for medium buttons. The slice tool produced the imaes, and the buttons look reasonably close on IE8 compared to that of Chrome or IE9. So in general, I don't have a problem using the slice tool or theming UI.

However, there is a problem with large buttons. According to our requirements, the buttons are 100x100. With the theme definition similar to default-large buttons (with changed colors etc.) the buttons look good on Chrome/IE9 (see attached screenshot, with gradient evenly distributed across the button). However, after running the slice tool the images that it generates no longer match this look, and the buttons look odd on IE8. Attached is the generated background image. From what I can see, it looks identical to the medium button background, with gradient only taking 20-25 pixels at the top. Attached is also the screenshot of how the button looks on IE8 (with gradient only at the top of the image), and my manifest.

Is this a known limitation of ExtJS or the slicing tool? Is there a way to make it work? What are the alternative ways of achieving the look that I'm after apart from rendering the whole button ourselves?

Thanks.

Denis
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

We at support have no control on SDK tools, don't you want this thread to be moved to its forum?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    avoka_team is on a distinguished road

Can you move it or do I need to repost?

Thanks.

Denis

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Moved

Scott

Thread Participants: 2