Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    silcreval is on a distinguished road

Default Neptune - is it really going to work?

Neptune - is it really going to work?

I've been playing around with the Neptune theme in a fairly complex application
    with multiple windows, everyone has their own opinion on this type of stuff,
    but for what its worth - my take was:-

1. I think the title bar on windows is too deep. It looks good, but if your user has a 1280x1024 window display its taking up a lot of realestate. If you have multiple windows, it becomes an issue I think.

2. The tabs dont really work. When you have a docked tab panel, they appear as blocks above the panel and its not really clear what they are ie there is no visual hint that they are a tab. Perhaps some shaping on the tab might help?

3. Menus seem messed up. Icons overlap text, they also look a bit narrow and squashed. Same with combo box pull downs.

4. What's happening with the window widgets? They seem OK on webkit but not on FF, etc. Are these CSS3 shaped?

Are there any plans to finish Neptune as a theme?

Personally I'd like to see something even flatter in terms of look and feel, ie almost monochrome, but with the option of some color but that's just me

Thanks!

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Neptune seems to be a trouble child

I know Neptune is under construction at the moment, and it updated with each release. The best thing I can suggest is to create a bug report with screens that display the problem and we will continue to make updates.

Scott.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    silcreval is on a distinguished road

It may be too big a leap from the regular themes?

I think if the current themes could be lightened up a bit, and if the bevelling/3D effect could be reduced that might work OK?

More of an incremental approach rather than a complete rework?

Vote Rating
    abe.elias will become famous soon enough abe.elias will become famous soon enough

It's finally here. http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/examples/

Sorry that it took so long. The goal of Neptune was to really focus on extensibility. We wanted to make sure it had the flexibility to handle pretty much any senario you could throw at it.

It took us many months of working with several design agencies to build a highly flexible theme that can handle heavy component nesting without excessive bordering and still look great.

I hope you find the work that Don, Phil G and Team have put into making Neptune a reality worth the wait.

Thread Participants: 2