Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aorlic is on a distinguished road

Default Default butons on dialog

Default butons on dialog

Hi!

How can I set typical default buttons on a dialog to reuse their expected behavior:

- OK button (reacts on ENTER pressed while any field on the form is in focus)
    - Cancel button (does the same as ESC key)

Another related question... Which event is raised when ESC is pressed, just before closing the dialog? This would be a place to put "Are you sure?" msg box..

Thanks!

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Where you looking for something like this?

Code:
    Ext.Msg.prompt('Name', 'Please enter your name:', function(btn, text){
        if (btn == 'ok'){
            // prompt and/or process text value and close...
        }
    });‚Äč
    Regards,
    Scott

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@scottmartin,

no, that's not what I want.

I have a custom-made dialog (actually a lot of them, every app does) and among other buttons, it has a default OK-button (which sometimes is "Save" or "Procede", "Confirm" or just "Ok") and a default CANCEL-button (to cancel the operation and close the dialog upon confirmation msg-box).

OK-button can also be "pressed" by pressing enter anytime, while the dialog is in focus.
    CANCEL-button can be "pressed" by pressing ESC (in Ext JS this works in case of a little "x" button on the dialog's caption bar)

I hope this clarifies my problem.

Thank you all in advance!

Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Perhaps you are referring to something like this?

Code:
    var formSearch = new Ext.FormPanel({
    	items: [
    		{
    			xtype: 'textfield',
    			handler: searchSubmit
    		}
    	],
    	keys: [ {key : [10,13],fn:searchSubmit} ], // submit on enter
    	buttons: [
    		{ text: 'Search', handler: searchSubmit },
    		{ text: 'Reset', handler: function() { .. }
    		}
    	]
    });

function searchSubmit() {
    // execute search
    }
    Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@scottmartin,

Thank you again, we are getting closer.

I see another problem now, related with the way I catch button events.

I have a controller class who is responsible for button clicks and other events... For example, my loginDlg has a button "login" and the corresponding controller catches it the following way:

Code:
    this.control({
                'login  #btn_login': {
                    click: this.onLoginClicked
                }
            });
    So, in order to implement your solution, I would have to call the controller's onLoginClicked() method from the View... Is that possible?

Or I should change the whole logic and instead of catching the event this way, I could fire it from the view and listen to them in the controller...

What do you think?

Vote Rating

You can assign action: 'loginOk' to your view button and then in your controller
    #btn_logon[action=loginOk]

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi again Scott!

If I understand your idea well, it won't resolve my initial problem. Iw will work for the button click, but what happens with the key event?

How can I assign the same handler function (defined in the controller, see my example code) with both events (buton click AND the key 13 press while anywhere on the form)?

Thread Participants: 1