Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    chris_np is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: What's the best way to swap two panels with a fade?

Answered: What's the best way to swap two panels with a fade?

Hello there.

I'm wondering what is the best way to swap out two panels on the screen with a fade effect?

I have two panels which I have positioned over top of each other using CSS. panelOne is visible, panelTwo is hidden.

On click of another button (not on either panel), I want panelOne to fade out and panelTwo to fade in.

I currently have this working using the code below, but I find it's quite laggy on some Android devices we have here for testing. Is there a better way to do it than what I'm currently using? How can I improve this animation?

This code is executed on button tap:

Code:
    Ext.Anim.run(panelOne, 'fade', {
      duration: 100,
       after: function() {
          panelOne.hide();
        }
    });
    Ext.Anim.run(panelTwo, 'fade', {
      out: false,
       duration: 100,
        before: function() {
           panelTwo.show();
      }
    });
    Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. If the container that is going to hold these panels is a card layout, then just specify the animation config in the layout config and setActiveItem will animate between the two.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If the container that is going to hold these panels is a card layout, then just specify the animation config in the layout config and setActiveItem will animate between the two.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    chris_np is on a distinguished road

Thanks mitchellsimoens.

I've implemented this method, and while I agree it is a better way to do it, it doesn't seem to have increased the performance of the fade on the Android devices I have here.

Oh well, I guess that's just the way it is.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Participants: 1