Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Ericbr is on a distinguished road

Default Telephone-Tapi integration for CRM with EXTJs

Telephone-Tapi integration for CRM with EXTJs

Hi All,

I have a script that is writing all outgoing and incomming phone calls to a database.
    When a new call arrives it performs a get call to a domain - to create a link between the TAPI application and the webbased CRM.

I have attached a little image illustrating my thoughts...

Now I am wondering what to do - in the page that is called since the TAPI application is running on the server. I thought about cookies - with a reload command - but the cookie would be set on the server.

I need something that affects all clients connected - and I do not want to realise it with a Ext.Taskrunner since then I have huge load on the server because of the clients.

It would be great if somebody of you has another idea.
    I think this could be really helpful for some of you as well.

Possibilitys of this:
    *Getting all information about the caller
    *Be informed just before you pick up the phone

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Eric
    Attached Images

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I am not sure how this is expected to work. When the TAPI server receives a call and updates the server database, you want the client to be aware of a call (or specif call) by polling the server and looking for that information and then connect to the call from the client?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Ericbr is on a distinguished road

Hi Scott,

thanks for your answer.
    Polling is just what I do not want - since then I got so many requests (I would need to poll every second).
    I wanted something like a push event - that is broadcasted to all the users - and execute an ajax request as the result of the push message.

Is this possible?

Best regards,
    Eric

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

The client makes a request and the server responds.
    How would the server know which client to 'push' the information to without a request?

Scott.

Thread Participants: 1