Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CaliLuke is on a distinguished road

Default What examples would you like to see in Architect 2?

What examples would you like to see in Architect 2?

The demo applications and examples for Sencha Architect finally have a great home where you can review, download and even collaborate to expand the demos.

https://github.com/SenchaArchitect

We will be adding many more applications over time, please let us know if there's a particular feature you would like to be demoed. If there's already a request for the same feature, please use the +1 button to let us know you also want that, it will help us prioritize the creation of the demos.

Thank you!
    --
    Luca Candela
    twitter: @luckymethod
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DeyV is on a distinguished road

I think, that in this section this link also should by shown:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post783294

( http://www.sencha.com/forum/attachme...0&d=1334776108 )

This is the only example which I found where Architect work correct with Direct.
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    meander365 is on a distinguished road

Would be great to see an example on how to add a plugin to Architect.

Appreciate this isn't inherently possible at the moment...which is why it would be a good example!

Thanks....
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    primitive_type is on a distinguished road

Yes, an example of how to add a plugin, such as Slide Navigation (https://github.com/wnielson/sencha-SlideNavigation) would be excellent.

Thanks!
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    MichelleWong is on a distinguished road

Great work!!
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    allisterf is on a distinguished road

What many news users - including myself - often need is help with the coding that creates the functionality that's needed. Even the simplest of things - for example, the question frequently comes "how to push a view onto the Navigation."

Often it seems that there are several ways to skin the cat, but I think it would really help to create an archive of real life 'recommended' code snippets that could still be adapted, but would facilitate basic functions.

I also think it would be helpful to showcase the different components: this is what it does, and this is a live project example of how you would use it…code all built into the project.

For Sencha Touch applications, sometimes there are differences between developing for IOS and developing for Android. Deployment would be an example. Perhaps it would be helpful to give Android it's own space to show how to solve different issues?

Allister
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    primitive_type is on a distinguished road

I think in general that there needs to be a real effort to ensure that everything possible with Sencha Touch is possible to do with Sencha Architect as well. And then it should be documented how it is possible in Sencha Architect so Architect users are not left out on some important Sencha Touch features.
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    h.wagner@telekom.de will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLuke View Post
    The demo applications and examples for Sencha Architect finally have a great home where you can review, download and even collaborate to expand the demos.

https://github.com/SenchaArchitect

We will be adding many more applications over time, please let us know if there's a particular feature you would like to be demoed. If there's already a request for the same feature, please use the +1 button to let us know you also want that, it will help us prioritize the creation of the demos.
    What about eating your own dog food and make all your examples (from /examples directory) to be also Sencha Architect projects, so that when the user is browsing your live examples, with a simple click to be able to open them in Architect too?
    It would for sure animate much more users to buy Architect licenses, would bring Architect more visibility, an you would have better test cases and testers too (since most users check your live examples, so if there's something broken there, it's an early warning system).
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

You're must be reading our mind h.wagner! ;p
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bill@perdasys.com is on a distinguished road

Here are some Ideas for Demos that would help new users.

1) PACKAGING. To create a NATIVE android application I would love to see a FULL example of what the PACKAGE settings need to be. Take the kitchen sink and show STEP by STEP how to setup, configure and package (Including creating the user signed Certificate). I spent many hours looking around on google to finally build my first Android app. Also need to add the changes to the APP.HTML for the ICS issue.
    <script>
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({ disableCaching: false });
    Ext.Ajax.setDisableCaching(false);
    </script>

2) Demo to show how to properly reference components outside of scope without having to use getCmp. I used this as a crutch from many months.
    -->