Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    discobean is on a distinguished road

I would like to see some examples linked from here: http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2-0/#!/guide

All the examples in that guide just show where things are in architect, rather than explain how to use them.

For example: http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2-0...de/controllers
    The above shows just what a controllers is, defines what an action is, what is a model.

But there are no examples of models, or controllers, or how to use them in Architect
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jugg1es can only hope to improve

I started using Architect with ExtJS until I realized that Architect just wasn't that useful for developing real applications. I couldn't figure out why someone would use Architect when they could simply use a text editor, like Aptana, and the ExtJS documentation. The text editor in Architect is really finicky (you have to click in weird places to get the cursor to work) and it doesn't give you all the possible options available in the framework. I'd like to see some examples on how to use Architect as part of a full application development cycle. I just don't know where Architect is supposed to be in the development workflow.
    -->

Vote Rating
    loiane is a jewel in the rough loiane is a jewel in the rough loiane is a jewel in the rough

I started to port some Sencha Examples to SA2. If anyone is interested in taking a look, here is the link:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?220596-Sencha-ExtJS-4-Examples-ported-to-MVC

I
    f you are also interested in a particular example from the extjs 4 or sencha touch 2 examples page, pls let me know. I'll do my best to port it and try to help you.

A complete extjs 4 app, using viewport with border layout, and a tree panel as menu - loading the views dynamically is already on the way. As soon as I completed, will update the thread above.

Sencha/Java evangelist
    Author of ExtJS 4 First Look and Mastering Ext JS books
    English blog: http://loianegroner.com
    Portuguese blog: http://loiane.com
    Sencha Examples: https://github.com/loiane
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

I think some real work application examples would be useful. A very common web application is a "Company Intranet", I feel this would be a good way to show off the framework and also Architects capabilities.

Best
    MrSparks
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    marcotuts is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha IO + Sencha Architect 2 Project (Sencha Touch or ExtJS)

Sencha IO + Sencha Architect 2 Project (Sencha Touch or ExtJS)

Does an example exist of a Sencha IO project documented from creation to existence using Sencha Architect? I can't find one, and I'm struggling to the point where I dont think I can use both products in the same project!

If no example exists could someone document their process or post an example project?
    -->

Vote Rating
    rbraddy is on a distinguished road

Default A Live Update Chart Example (any chart example) would be grea

A Live Update Chart Example (any chart example) would be grea

I'm having serious issues with the chart object when trying to use the Time axis with Hours:Minutes:Seconds (a real "time") instead of dates. A working example would be awesome.

Right now, my project is crashing SA... (I'll post it separately)

Thanks
    Rick
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    alexandrn is on a distinguished road

Default Decoupled UI from Controllers

Decoupled UI from Controllers

Current extjs examples lack of Architect's MVC pattern that is hard to replicate in Architect.

For example there is a nice alternative using Action objects and message bus to decouple Controllers from UI elements, where both parties only know about action objects that can be fired and subscribed for by anything.

Also, constantly "promoting to class" really clobbers all the Project Inspector's viewable space.

Also what "bubble events" should be used for and how exactly?
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparks View Post
    I think some real work application examples would be useful. A very common web application is a "Company Intranet", I feel this would be a good way to show off the framework and also Architects capabilities.

Best
    MrSparks
    We're working on this
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by jugg1es View Post
    I started using Architect with ExtJS until I realized that Architect just wasn't that useful for developing real applications. I couldn't figure out why someone would use Architect when they could simply use a text editor, like Aptana, and the ExtJS documentation. The text editor in Architect is really finicky (you have to click in weird places to get the cursor to work) and it doesn't give you all the possible options available in the framework. I'd like to see some examples on how to use Architect as part of a full application development cycle. I just don't know where Architect is supposed to be in the development workflow.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the code editor. I think you'll find 2.1 a ton easier to use and feel that it gets out of your way more.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willantunes is on a distinguished road

CRUD with some association would be great.
    -->