Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rockinrandall is on a distinguished road

Default So Many Many problem with new code...

So Many Many problem with new code...

Bought a license for 4.1 and the 4.1 code does not work properly with our application.

Code that was working with 4.07 is now broken.

Where do we go for help?

first problem is that stores that used to work are not working anymore.

json is being returned properly, but the items are missing from the store when calling find method on the store.

HELP!

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

The first step would be to use ext-all-dev.js and review all the suggestions in the console. After those are fixed, then you can narrow down specific problems.

A general "my app is broke" is not very helpful. Small working test case will help.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    The first step would be to use ext-all-dev.js and review all the suggestions in the console. After those are fixed, then you can narrow down specific problems.

A general "my app is broke" is not very helpful. Small working test case will help.

Regards,
    Scott.
    Scott,

I am using ext-all-dev.js. There are no suggestions on the console.

The two major problems that I am having are my form panels are not laying out properly AND a store that would load with extjs 4.0.7 gpl does not work any longer. The JSON data comes over the wire in response to the load operation, the store shows a totalCount of 1, but there are no items in the store. Very strange.

Another load is done just before for another store. I wonder if it is some kind of timing issue.

I am using 4.1.0 commercial. Is there a different version I should be using like 4.1.x gpl?

Thanks,

Chris

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I am using 4.1.0 commercial. Is there a different version I should be using like 4.1.x gpl
    Same code, different license.

My suggestion would be to create a test case on something that is not working as expected present the code so we can take a look. We would have to see code to move forward.

Scott.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

If you can post the config for your store and a sample of the JSON response it may be fairly simple to spot the problem. There were lots of problems with unusual field names in earlier betas but I haven't heard reports of any problems like this with the final 4.1.0.

As for the layout problem, as Scott says you'll probably need to extract a simple test case. The layouts in 4.1 are much less buggy than 4.0 in my experience so it may be an unfortunate case where you were relying on buggy behaviour. One thing you should check is the CSS file. Make sure you're using the right one, caching (or forgetting to update it) has been the cause of many 4.1 upgrade problems.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    If you can post the config for your store and a sample of the JSON response it may be fairly simple to spot the problem.
    Code:
    {"count":1,"data":[{"eventId":1,"id":1,"title":"Guestlist for (My Test Event)ID:1","version":58}],"message":"OK","success":true,"total":1}
    Code:
    Ext.define('EasyServices.model.List', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
        fields: [
            {
                name: 'id',
                type: 'int',
                useNull: true
            },{
                name: 'version',
                useNull: true
            },{
                name: 'title',
                type: 'string'
            },{
                name: 'eventId',

}

],
        proxy: {
            type: 'rest',
            url: '/guestlists',
            reader: {
                type: 'json',
                root: 'data'
            },
            writer: {
                type: 'json'
            },
            afterRequest: function(request, success) {
                var statusCode = request && request.operation && request.operation.error && request.operation.error.status;
                var statusText = request && request.operation && request.operation.error && request.operation.error.statusText;
                if (!success) {
                    console.log('success ' + success + ' ' + statusCode + ' ' + statusText); // either true or false
                }
            }
        }
    });
    Last edited by skirtle; 6 Jun 2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Fix the formatting

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

How are you initiating the load, via the model or a store? Your original post mentioned a store but I only see code for a model, could you post the store as well please?

There must be something subtle going on here. If there was something fundamentally broken with loading stores then there'd have been many, many reports of the problem.

You mentioned that you thought it might be a timing issue involving another store. Is it possible to remove the other store from your application temporarily just to test the problem store in isolation?

Thread Participants: 2