Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    confile is on a distinguished road

Default Controller control does not allow Controller refs

Controller control does not allow Controller refs

Inside a controller I want to add a new Action. When I click on the plus sometimes there is no reaction, i.e., no new action occurs. After a while I get a new action and I was asked for a "target type". The problem here is that the input field does not work to enter something:

GlutenScannerApp (_Applications_XAMPP_xamppfiles_htdocs_iPhone_Apps-SenchaTouch_GlutenScannerApp.jpg

you have to choose it from the list, but in the next step "choose an event binding" it is working fine.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

for controller references use
    v References config

Also note you can drag and drop from the toolbox as well
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    confile is on a distinguished road

this is not my point. the textfield is still not working.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cadror is an unknown quantity at this point

ExtJS 4.1.1 doesn't have the ability to use refs inside control(). That's why Sencha Architect does not show user-defined references in that dropdown menu. I wish it did though! It's repetitive (possible source of human error!) to define controller references and then also have to use the same reference definition in our controller actions.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Are you saying you want type ahead? So you can narrow down the set?

Also note you can click controller action from the drop down using a modifier (shift, ctrl, cmd) and it will bypass this interstitial screen.

You can also add an action via the toolbox.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cadror is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Phil,

Thanks for your suggestion. It seems my comment was off-topic, as I was referring to a different limitation altogether: although we're able to define Reference nodes (composed of a name and selector) under a Controller, we cannot reuse those Reference nodes when specifying the controlQuery in ControllerAction objects.

For example, look at the attachments I have added to this post. Here, I have (1) a button with itemId=foo and (2) a Reference that points to it called foo and I want to use that Reference directly in the controlQuery (3) of my ControllerAction.

Currently, I'm forced to copy/paste the selector value of my Reference into the controlQuery of my ControllerAction. As a result, if my design changes, I have to manually go through every ControllerAction in addition to simply updating all References. That is all very laborious and (human-)error prone IMHO.

If Sencha Architect allowed us to use a Controller's References directly in its ControllerActions, then there would be less copy/pasted code and the design (and its glue logic) would be easier to change.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files