Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

I'd wait for someone 'inside' Sencha to comment. I'd ignore Jay and lean weight on @mmullany 's words, after all he's the main man at Sencha.
    Teahouse Training Company
    Official Certified Sencha Trainer

Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / Hong Kong & APAC

SenchaWorld.com - Sencha webinars, videos, etc
    SenchaForge.org - (coming soon)
    TeahouseHQ.com - Sencha ecosystem training portal

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dougbieber is on a distinguished road

Default Can't wait much longer

Can't wait much longer

I get one conference each year. I prefer Sencha, but JavaOne's early bird special expires in 2 weeks and is my alternate. It takes time to push such a request through the bureaucracy, so I'll wait until next week before I start pushing for JavaOne.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Yeah. Totally ignore me. I'm just adding my $.02, and honestly don't speak for Sencha.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

To all of you,

Have you checked to see if there are any meet ups in your area in the interim? If not, have you considered starting one?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jcmontminy is on a distinguished road

All...the last official Sencha company update released on 06/20 (after I started this thread) said to be on the lookout for a "Save the Date" for Sencha Conference 2012. If they were planning to not have a Sencha Conference, or to radically change it, I doubt they'd have made a point to tell us to be looking for that save-the-date notice.

So, I'll stay optimistic

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mmullany is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks,

Well it seems like people are getting antsy, so I'll tell you what we know so far. The next SenchaCon will be in March or April of next year. It will definitely be on the East Coast of the US, and most likely will be somewhere in Florida, although D.C. is also a possibility. We are also looking at having a one day virtual conference this summer/fall as a 2012 event. Stay tuned for the definitive save the date/place.

-- michael

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mikeasi is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mmullany View Post
    Hi Folks,

Well it seems like people are getting antsy, so I'll tell you what we know so far. The next SenchaCon will be in March or April of next year. It will definitely be on the East Coast of the US, and most likely will be somewhere in Florida, although D.C. is also a possibility. We are also looking at having a one day virtual conference this summer/fall as a 2012 event. Stay tuned for the definitive save the date/place.

-- michael
    That's too bad. I had a great time as Senchacon 2011 in Austin and was hoping to see one scheduled for 2012.

Vote Rating

Looking forward to both events!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jessikario is on a distinguished road

Hope to be!!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dirtdevil is on a distinguished road

If it's going to be in March or April of next year, wouldn't that technically make it SenchaCon 2013 and not SenchaCon 2012? Or are you guys holding out until the end of the world to see what happens?

p.s. Do we get an early bird discount if we get raptured?