Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-2988 in a recent build.
  1. #91
    Ext JS Premium Member Steffen Hiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    770
    Vote Rating
    28
    Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by hotdp View Post
    One down! two (or more) to go.
    1. Momentum scroll. Everytime it updates a list item in the dom, it lags. So it shutters a lot and does not feel smooth.
    Is it possible to select if the list should be a infinity list? Because the scroll issues (lags/shutters) have started after that was introduced?
    hotdp,
    I started testing my list I upgraded to beta 3 today on Android, too, on Android 2 to be specific.
    And I'm seeing the same as you: You can see/feel when the dom elements are added through stuttering while the momentum scroll, at list it seems like that the dom change is causing that.
    That one list won't have that many items so I'm wondering, too, if it's possible to disable the infinity list.

  2. #92
    Touch Premium Member hotdp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    603
    Vote Rating
    14
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Steffen Hiller View Post
    hotdp,
    I started testing my list I upgraded to beta 3 today on Android, too, on Android 2 to be specific.
    And I'm seeing the same as you: You can see/feel when the dom elements are added through stuttering while the momentum scroll, at list it seems like that the dom change is causing that.
    That one list won't have that many items so I'm wondering, too, if it's possible to disable the infinity list.
    Oh, bad news that sounds like its only iOS and Chrome that will have a good experience with the infinity list.
    So I would rather have paging or something else (at least if Android) then be forced to use the infinity list. Unless they can fix it?

  3. #93
    Ext JS Premium Member Steffen Hiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    770
    Vote Rating
    28
    Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    I had this awkward moment today where I tested the same app on Sencha Touch 1 and 2.1 Beta 3 side by side and realized that the scrolling performs better on the old Sencha Touch 1 app for both of my list views (one is a simple list with 18 or less items, and the other is a grouped list with a few items but custom group headers).

    I tested on an iPhone 4 iOS 5 and a Samsung Galaxy Android 2.3 and on both (even on the iPhone) I felt a notable difference where on both devices Sencha Touch 1 scrolling feels smoother.

    You should be able to reproduce this with the official list examples in the kitchensink. (ST 1 doesn't have a standalone list example yet.)

    Sencha Touch 1 Kitchensink: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-...s/kitchensink/
    Sencha Touch 2 Kitchensink: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-...0-b3/examples/
    Go to User Interface -> List and select Simple.

    Just for the record, I set variableHeights to false and a fixed itemHeight in my 2.1 B3 list, which according to the docs should bring max performance.

    Kind of getting concerned about the scrolling performance as the client expected this to improve with the ST 2 upgrade on Android but right now it's rather the opposite. Any hope for beta 4 or other tips?

    Thanks!

  4. #94
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    187
    Vote Rating
    3
    olouvignes is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Damn, this is so disappointing... This was the one thing that should have been done right in ST2.0, the one and only thing that really matters in the html vs. native... I just can't start to understand how we get to the point that we get the opposite of what you promised us.

  5. #95
    Touch Premium Member hotdp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    603
    Vote Rating
    14
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Steffen Hiller View Post
    I had this awkward moment today where I tested the same app on Sencha Touch 1 and 2.1 Beta 3 side by side and realized that the scrolling performs better on the old Sencha Touch 1 app for both of my list views (one is a simple list with 18 or less items, and the other is a grouped list with a few items but custom group headers).

    I tested on an iPhone 4 iOS 5 and a Samsung Galaxy Android 2.3 and on both (even on the iPhone) I felt a notable difference where on both devices Sencha Touch 1 scrolling feels smoother.

    You should be able to reproduce this with the official list examples in the kitchensink. (ST 1 doesn't have a standalone list example yet.)

    Sencha Touch 1 Kitchensink: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-...s/kitchensink/
    Sencha Touch 2 Kitchensink: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-...0-b3/examples/
    Go to User Interface -> List and select Simple.

    Just for the record, I set variableHeights to false and a fixed itemHeight in my 2.1 B3 list, which according to the docs should bring max performance.

    Kind of getting concerned about the scrolling performance as the client expected this to improve with the ST 2 upgrade on Android but right now it's rather the opposite. Any hope for beta 4 or other tips?

    Thanks!
    Hi Steffen,
    That is 100% my point! It is what I tried to say from the start.
    Its very disapointing that a framework upgrade gives a worse experience.

    A official response on this would be nice?
    Should we go back to ST1?
    Forget all about Sencha Touch?
    Will the list perform as good as ST1 in 2.1 GA? (Is what I hope for)
    As it is now, the list is broken on Android.

  6. #96
    Sencha User Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Redwood City, California
    Posts
    3,661
    Vote Rating
    20
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

      0  

    Default


    There are a lot of changes coming as we continue to work on the list. In beta 3 there are large performance issues we have been working on resolving.

    Sencha Inc

    Jamie Avins

    @jamieavins

  7. #97
    Touch Premium Member hotdp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    603
    Vote Rating
    14
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Avins View Post
    There are a lot of changes coming as we continue to work on the list. In beta 3 there are large performance issues we have been working on resolving.
    So we can expect st1 performance? (At least) in my ears it's not a unfair requirement for a better framework, driven by the buzzword "performance".

  8. #98
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    187
    Vote Rating
    3
    olouvignes is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Just for the record, I set variableHeights to false and a fixed itemHeight in my 2.1 B3 list, which according to the docs should bring max performance.
    I did not find theses config in the Ext.dataview.List api docs, do they still apply?

  9. #99
    Ext JS Premium Member Steffen Hiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    770
    Vote Rating
    28
    Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by olouvignes View Post
    I did not find theses config in the Ext.dataview.List api docs, do they still apply?
    Check here: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-...ariableHeights

  10. #100
    Touch Premium Member hotdp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    603
    Vote Rating
    14
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Steffen Hiller View Post
    Hi Steffen,
    Have you tested scroll on a formpanel with a FieldSet (10 fields etc)? Damn it has problems here on Android 4. So much lag that its nearly impossible to use...