I'm not sure what I did, but nothing reaches the controller no matter what I do.
Each button has an itemID. I have 16 buttons on the page (simulating a phone keypad panel 1-0,*,#, CONTACTS, SEND, DELETE. [i]-- I thought the itemID would give me the xtype
Possibly deep nesting of buttons in containers.
Possibly during project changes something was lost.
Possibly After adding event binding to one of the buttons, the rest of the buttons don't reach the controller.
Tried in a new project with itemID and then with ID
Steps to reproduce the problem:
Try all possibilities
Start from these: [**] cntrl:kbController, with controller action for Ext.Button Tap event. console.log("kbController: button tapped");[**] Deeply nested view:mainTabPanel / tab: keypad / kbPanel / kbTop + kbGrid[**] kbGrid: / kbPanelRowA: kbBtn1,kbBtn2,kbBtn3; / kbPanelRowB: kbBtn4, kbBtn5, kbBtn6 Note: I figured that the itemId is what I set, so that I get the xtype.And that the itemId would be caught by the controller as the id to look for[**] In the controller action selector try: 'kbBtn12, or 'button kbBtn12' or just 'button'[**] In the kbBtn2 add Id 'kbBtn2' and in selector try: '#kbBtn2'[**] Add an event binding to kbBtn1 for Tap: console.log("btn 1 tapped")
Preview in chrome, hit ctrl-shift-i to see console.
The result that was expected:
console to show: 'kbController: button tapped'
The result that occurs instead:
console only shows the kbBtn1 tap if defined
Screenshot, Project, or Video:
Ok so I am able to get it work and I suspect it's because of one thing
1. create a new touch project
2. add a form panel
3. add 2 buttons
itemId: kbBtn1 and kbBtn2
4. add a basic event binding to kbBtn1 (config pane, click + next to events, choose basic, and select tap event)
5. double click tap onkbBtn1Tap (to edit)
6. add the following code
console.log('normal button tap');
7. add a controller
8. add MyFormPanel1 as a view of the controller and select remove (either choice would be fine here)
9. add a controller action to MyController
10. targetType: Ext.Button, name: tap (should fill in controlQuery: button, fn: onButtonTap1 for you)
11. edit tap onButtonTap1 controller action and add the following code