Banned
    Vote Rating
    BackgroundTeam is on a distinguished road

Default Beetoom, discover your favourite films

Beetoom, discover your favourite films

We have developed a social network about film recommendations, in which you can have your account and select preferences and filters, and store favourite films and searches. The initial database is 1000+ films, every ages and nationalities.

It's called Beetoom and we have developed it with Sencha Touch 2.0 and ExtJS 4.

This is the link in AppStore:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beetoom/id530102418?l=en&ls=1&mt=8

This is the website: http://www.beetoom.com

And our blog: http://beetoom.tumblr.com

We are very happy about this project, and proud to have created it with ST.

Feel free to write us and tell us what you think about the app in info(at)beetoom.com

Thank you.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the release!
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Nice work. Downloading it now
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dgotty is on a distinguished road

Default Cordova splash screen still visible

Cordova splash screen still visible

Just an FYI the loading screen of your app is still the default Cordova splash screen. If you don't know how to change this let me know and I can try and help.

Other than that congrats!

ps
    The styling you applied to the app looks awesome

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mihaipocorschi is on a distinguished road

it actually looks great... grats

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    btm is on a distinguished road

Hi, we are the creators of Beetoom.

Somehow, the user account BackgroundTeam has been banned. Maybe because of the links we posted.

Anyway: thank you all so much for your kind words.

Today is going to be released the version 1.3, which fixes most of the bugs that you might find. But about the Cordova image you mention, we are trying to remove it, and somehow it still appears. Do you know any way to remove it definitely? We even changed the launch image option in the Xcode + phonegap.

We encourage you to tell us everything about this app in info(at)beetoom.com. Bugs you find, films you miss, tell us that we are great... everything.

Thank you very much again. 5 stars reviews in App Store and spreading the word are very very welcome.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dgotty is on a distinguished road

Default Fix cordova splash screen issues

Fix cordova splash screen issues

I had to do a few things in order to fix the problems I was having with my splash screen:
    1. Inside you're xcode project there is a folder below your www folder that should be named with your apps name. Inside of that you need to go into Resources/icons and Resources/splash and replace the images that Cordova puts in there by default with your splash images and app icons. Here's a picture of my xcode setup.Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 8.22.07 AM.png
    2. After that I went into the Cordova.plist file (see above image) and changed the AutoHideSplashScreen config to 'No' in order to stop Cordova from hiding my splash screen. I did this because I was getting an annoying blank white screen in between the splash screen disappearing and my app loading. I also set ShowSplashScreenSpinner to 'No' so that the little loading gif wouldn't be visible on our splash screen but that's a matter of preference and shouldn't have an effect on anything else.
    3. Finally, whichever function actually launches your app, place this line at the end of the function - cordova.exec(null,null,"SplashScreen","hide",[]); - since we set the AutoHideSplashScreen config in the Cordova.plist file to 'No' we need to manually tell Cordova to hide the splash screen. This helped us avoid the annoying white screen that would pop up.
    I hope this helps