Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BrindleFly is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Cannot create an instance of unrecognized alias: series.pie

Unanswered: Cannot create an instance of unrecognized alias: series.pie

I have extended the Portlet example to include displaying a pie chart. I am running 4.0.2a. I get an exception
    Uncaught Ext.Error: Cannot create an instance of unrecognized alias: series.pie ext-core-dev.js:8336
    The portlet extends Panel and the Pie chart is defined via an xtype "chart", with a series containing a type of "pie". Any help would be appreciated.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Here is the full stack trace:

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Did you add charts to your require() list?

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes. Any other thoughts? Can change series to other types (e.g. "line") and all works fine. Just cannot get Pie chart to work.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Okay, I think I am all set. I upgraded to 4.1 and switched to including extjs-all.js instead of allclasses.js (which appear to be just the classes required for this example). Case closed. I only wish there was better documentation around the portal example.

Thread Participants: 1