Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bwags is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha Cordova conflict with ?deviceType=...

Unanswered: Sencha Cordova conflict with ?deviceType=...

Applications setup to include cordova.js will not load if you add the 'deviceType' parameter to the url.

Anyone else seeing this or have a workaround that doesn't include changing app.json every time I want to test on my desktop?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to favor profiles and change those for my tests than to use deviceType parameter.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bwags is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I tend to favor profiles and change those for my tests than to use deviceType parameter.
    I have several profiles setup (Phone, AndroidTablet and IOSTablet) and the profiles load correctly on my devices but it would be nice to have a way to test on my desktop w/out having to change the profile themselves. Is that what you mean? That you prefer to change the isActive() method to return true for the profile you're testing?

The only thing I don't like about that is that I am forgetful and will forget from time to time to change the isActive() method back to actually check for the device type.

The deviceType param is checked to allow for easier testing and it would be nice if it would play nice with cordova.

Also, in the realm of a feature request, it would be really nice if instead of just checking for deviceType=Phone/Table it would just check for a profile matching whatever you pass in. That way I could just pass deviceType=AndroidTablet and not have to change the code in any of those profile classes.

Thanks for the reply Mitchell,

bwags

Thread Participants: 1