Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    clifficious is on a distinguished road

Default The current working directory is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder

The current working directory is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder

I use SA2 on a Windows 7 machine and just updated it yesterday. Now I wanted to try to package my app as a native Android app. I got the Android SDK installed and also installed the latest Sencha SDK yesterday. But whenever I want top create a package I get the following unformatted error.

Code:
    C:\Programme\SenchaArchitect>cd "E:/Sencha Architect Projects/ProjectName/" C:\Programme\SenchaArchitect>sencha & sencha package packager.json [31m[1m[WARN] The current working directory (C:\Programme\SenchaArchitect) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatible mode.[22m[39m Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3 Copyright (c) 2012 Sencha Inc. usage: sencha COMMAND [ARGS] The available commands are: build build a JSB project create bootstrapdata     generate boostrap data create jsb     generate a minimal JSB project for an app create locale generate a template locale file from source create manifest     generate classes manifest package     package your Touch web app into a native bundle slice theme     slice a custom theme's images for IE See 'sencha help COMMAND' for more information on a specific command. [31m[1m[ERROR] The current working directory (C:\Programme\SenchaArchitect) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder[22m[39m Error copying webapp// to build//My Application.app/webapp/ Failed to package application
    It's quite a pain to read the error but it seems to come down to the error mentioned in the title
    Code:
    The current working directory (C:\Programme\SenchaArchitect) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder
    I'm really stuck here and did not find a proper solution in the forum. Could anybody give me a hint?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Cliff
    Last edited by clifficious; 19 Jun 2012 at 1:33 AM. Reason: hit ENTER by accident

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

What version of SDK Tools do you have installed?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

@aconran: oGt the latest SDK Tools installed. 2beta3

@
    Phil.Strong: Already found that post (as it is sticky , but unfortunately am still not able to build the app out of SA. I found a way to do it in the console. First I was trying to use sencha out of the SDK tools and that did not work. But using the sencha command from the installed Sencha SDK (not the tools) I was able to build a app. Although it did not run properly on my device.
    (I'm not sure if I'm the only one here, but when you guys say "SDK" I'm not always sure if you mean the Sencha SDK or the Sencha Tools SDK. It would help if you'd be more specific when using the term)

Solved my problem temporary by using phoneGap to build the app. Trying to build the app from SA still does not work for me.

I really appreciate the work you guys are doing, but I feel, that there is lot more to do to offer a IDE that works flawless and produces .app files out of the box. So far I do find a lot of workarounds for problems. But that should not be the bottom line.

My company said that they are not sure to buy the SA because it seems as it is not done yet. There are still lots of missing features which hinder them from a purchase.
    I know that everything is in a rapid development phase. But you might think of releasing things once they work together, so people can use them without any workarounds. The user experience might perceive a huge increase.
    Anyway, I'll keep it up whit Sencha and hope you guys keep improving it.

Cliff

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

You cannot use SA to build using beta3
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

So what exactly does your post

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ools-v2-beta-3

e
    xplain then? If not for packing, why would I need the SDK Tools in SA?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cngtech is on a distinguished road

Default Build a package to show upper management before next week!

Build a package to show upper management before next week!

I need to build a project to show upper management. We are considering buying SA2 but our recent download of SA2 and install of SDK Tools Beta3 stops in our tracks.

1. Can we use SDK Tools Beta2 with the current SA2? Where is it for download? What problems will we have or missing features etc.

2. When do you expect to be able to build using SDK Tools Beta3 or next Beta / release date?

thank you.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mcbl can only hope to improve

Same problem, need solution!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nowtech is on a distinguished road

Talking Update the hidden .senchasdk file...

Update the hidden .senchasdk file...

The hidden .senchasdk file in the app directory contains the path to your sdk. If you don't have one copy it from another project. I updated mine using a text editor to point to ./sdk (I keep a copy in the application directory as per the automated app generator).

Hope this helps.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mcbl can only hope to improve

There's nothing like that by me. Since when do you have this hidden file? Can you copy the content to let us reproduce it. I've not this file in any project.