Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    allisterf is on a distinguished road

Default Architect iPad Examples

Architect iPad Examples

Does anyone have - or can point to - any good examples of apps developed for iPad, but done in Sencha Architect? Would be great to see a few project files to look through...

Allister

Vote Rating
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

What feature are you seeking? A special layout?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We've started setting up a new environment for a number of Architect projects to be shared with the community over the last few days.

Jie Min, the architect team's intern for the summer, re-created Kiva which is an iPad optimized application yesterday.
    https://github.com/SenchaArchitect/Kiva
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks guys - will wander over for a look!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Lots of errors flashing up in Architect when opening the downloaded Kiva project from Github, and nothing shows on the localhost preview...

Allister

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

When it comes to developing for iPad, the first hole in my understanding is a 'best practice' for implementing a split view. Setting everything out in landscape with flex containers woks fine, but it would look better if , in portrait, the smaller pane disappeared. Then it would need to be modal and able to be dragged in if required. Are there any examples to look at for that?

Secondly, instead of navigation view, what is the best approach to showing lists and content? In the kitchensink example, you can drill down through the lists to a detail panel - yet that panel sticks, even if you back up your lists, until you tap down to another detail panel. Is there no way to replace that panel with something else?

Thanks
    Allister

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for posting this... as the link will only work in Architect 2.1.x (which is not released in the public).

We've opened up a ticket so that projects which are saved in future versions of Architect won't open in older versions of Architect.

The first question I'm not so sure about. The second one you might be asking about the detailContainer configuration of NestedList?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Dealing with the second part - yes it's probably the right way to place extended content onto a detail panel, when you're not actually pushing a panel in a navigationview, when showing it in a side-by-side panel view.

This is what I have....Nested under a tab panel container is another container which itself contain two child containers. Those children are flexed inside the parent to give a side by side view. On one side is a list, and on the other, a panel to hold the detail.

My list itemtap contains:

Code:
    var details = Ext.ComponentManager.get('NewsDetail');
    details.setHtml(record.get('content'));
    This works to set the records 'content' onto the panel (referenced by its id "NewsDetail"

But there's also a url in the feed which holds an audio file, and which is in the store and is mapped out in my model to a field 'url'.

So, how can i add to my existing itemtap code to include and play an audio component through its xtype: 'audio' to play the audio file from my store url?

OR - am I going about this completely the wrong way, and someone can put me out of my misery??

Thanks!
    Allister

Vote Rating

Hrm, create one audio component and re-use it to listen to multiples via setUrl?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Would I just create the audio item inside th function, or is there are better example of how to do it that you can point me to?
    Allister

Thread Participants: 2