Vote Rating
    jinionnet is on a distinguished road

Default Add "renderer" method to grid column using Ext Designer

Add "renderer" method to grid column using Ext Designer

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to add "renderer" function to the grid column UI using Ext Designer 1.2.3 build 50. Or is there any alternative to do the same thing by modifying the "view" js file(not the "ui" js file)?

I found an thread http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...n-Ext-Designer. But this is not working for me.
    My view file is something similar to below. Please help me to implement the render function to this view file.

Code:

Ext.define('FEMA.view.CapitationWindow', {
        extend: 'FEMA.view.ui.CapitationWindow',

initComponent: function () {
            var me = this;
            me.callParent(arguments);
          }
    });

/
    Thanks in advance,
    jini

Vote Rating

Hi ,
    Anybody can help me please...

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

You'll want to add to the columns (or modify an existing column) inside the implementation file that you've posted above.

ie this.columns.push({});
    or this.columns[x].renderer = function();

Btw I'd seriously recommend testing out Sencha Architect 2, you can just click the + button next to the renderer configuration in this version.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Hi aconran,
    I have project which have 100s of view/ui files which developed in Ext Designer. But I couldnt convert the project to Architect. Also I just want to know that how can I convert the view file to controller file?

Thanks,
    Jini

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jinionnet View Post
    I have project which have 100s of view/ui files which developed in Ext Designer. But I couldnt convert the project to Architect.
    Was this because you don't want to/can't use Architect or because Architect failed opening the project? If it failed, please send it along to us designer.feedback at sencha.com and we can troubleshoot what the problem is and fix it for others.

Also I just want to know that how can I convert the view file to controller file?
    I don't understand the question. Controllers can respond to events which occur in views but there is no such thing as converting a view to a controller.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Was this because you don't want to/can't use Architect or because Architect failed opening the project? If it failed, please send it along to us designer.feedback at sencha.com and we can troubleshoot what the problem is and fix it for others.
    I am unable to convert the xds file to architect. The project file size is 2.5MB. Also due to some NDA I cant publish the project file.
    I don't understand the question. Controllers can respond to events which occur in views but there is no such thing as converting a view to a controller.
    Actually the deisgner files in the UI folder and specific event/methods in the VIEW folder, right? I think was when we convert any designer project to architect , it converts only the UI part and not going to move any events to the MVC controller files. Am I correct?

Vote Rating

I think was when we convert any designer project to architect , it converts only the UI part and not going to move any events to the MVC controller files. Am I correct?
    Correct, you would need to add these as events within Architect and/or put them into controller files.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Correct, you would need to add these as events within Architect and/or put them into controller files.
    I have 50 more files in view folder. So it is very hard to covert all files manually. Is rhere any other way to do this automatically?

Vote Rating

I have 50 more files in view folder. So it is very hard to covert all files manually. Is rhere any other way to do this automatically?
    No
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1