Hybrid View

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    john76543 is on a distinguished road

Default preserveScrollOnRefresh problem, randomly going to top

preserveScrollOnRefresh problem, randomly going to top

When I insert a row at the end of my grid, preserveScrollOnRefresh: true makes the scroll position get preserved across the save (great!). But I'm experiencing a weird issue where the grid later scrolls to the top! It happens something like this:

Insert a record, and save (position is preserved)
    Scroll up a bit and select a record
    Scroll back down to bottom
    Select bottom record
    Select bottom-1 record
    (bang, I'm suddenly at the top of my grid)

Any ideas of a work around? All solutions I've seen rely on hooking load, but this issue happens much later, and is actually triggered by a row selection.

Ext 4.1.1rc2

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Do you have a small test case based on one of our online examples that we can use to test this?

Scott.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

No unfortunately not.. I'll try and build one.

It seems related to the presence of a form in the top third of the page. With the form collapsed I don't see the bug.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Still havent got a test case, but have dug into my code more. I had a form update triggered by scrolling, which calls BasicForm.markInvalid() and it turns out that triggered the scrolling problem!

So my clunky workaround is to do:

Code:
    var originalScrollPosition = MeldUI.maingrid.getEl().down('.x-grid-view').getScroll();
    Before I markInvalid, and this after:

Code:
    var newPosition = MeldUI.maingrid.getEl().down('.x-grid-view').getScroll();
    if (newPosition.top < 5 && originalScrollPosition.top > 5)
        MeldUI.maingrid.getEl().down('.x-grid-view').scrollTo('top', originalScrollPosition.top, false);
    That solves the problem thankfully.
    Some other info: I'm using row editing. Inserted records go at the bottom. It only happens after the first insert, subsequent inserts are fine.

Thread Participants: 1