Ext User
    Vote Rating
    dp24 is on a distinguished road

Default grouping grids - performance problems when displaying many rows

grouping grids - performance problems when displaying many rows

Hello,

for my statistics application, I try to load about one thousand dummy-rows into a grouping grid.

It works fine. But, every action on the grid (sorting, menu, hover on rows) takes about 10 seconds. Also, my whole browser window (ie7) freezes as long my action is beeing performed.

Someone used the grid for that many rows?

Thanks

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

how many rows? There are going to be performance issues when you try to do too much with javascript.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    dp24 is on a distinguished road

about 1500 rows... showing articlecalculations...

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

yeah that's a ton of rows. How many columns? You have to think in context of the framework - each grouping/sort function needs to re-order and shuffle data around, delete dom objects, then redraw. that's a lot of work.

Thread Participants: 1