Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fschwarzbock is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Difference in dimensions when adding an app to iPad home screen

Unanswered: Difference in dimensions when adding an app to iPad home screen

Hi all,

I have an app in sencha touch 2 and when i save it in the home screen of an iPad (it saves it as some kind of standalone app) it keeps the dimensions of the app but from when it was rendered in iPad safari.

Again, i have an app with a container that when viewed on safari has 400px height. (This height is auto calculated by sencha i never hardcoded the number) When i save it to the home screen, and it opens full screen (without safaris toolbar, etc) the container still has 400px height. It like the full screen app remembers the sizes from when it was viewed on safari and doesn't re calculate heights for full screen.

Do someone knows what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha Touch doesn't calculate the size, the browser is responsible for layouts in ST2
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1