Vote Rating
    igaenssley is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Creating a GMap style panable & zoomable component with a supplied SVG.

Unanswered: Creating a GMap style panable & zoomable component with a supplied SVG.

Greetings,

I am needing to create a draggable, zoomable map that is viewed through an outer viewport, with being an SVG.

I've been able to create an SVG world map taking the path data and plugging it into the draw components, and making that fit to the viewport.

However, I seem to be at a loss on how to zoom or pan the map inside the container. I'll looked at the examples & docs, but am unable to come up with a solution. Setting drag/constrain/resizable seems to not have an effect.

Is there a pattern for this, or does anyone know of any examples posted anywhere?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Would this toolkit be of any help?
    http://geoext.org/index.html

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    billtricarico is on a distinguished road

The book Pragmatic Ajax has a whole chapter on rolling your own Google Maps. I am currently using their sample code to build a draggable inner/outer viewport similar to how they are doing it.

Thread Participants: 2